Cadillac Owners Forum banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,593 Posts
Here's my laptop screen - Chrome, Windows 7 pro, Intel graphics, whatever.

1366 X 768 (laptop-set), Windows Classic display, medium resolution, 125% sizing.

The screen capture shrunk the actual page size, but this is what the full screen sees...

Capture.PNG

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,593 Posts
And one of the Popular, New Posts page - I can scroll any of these pages WAY, WAY up/down for lots of info.

Capture2.PNG

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Thank you. The developers are working on some solutions for this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
This folks, is how a Xen board should be done...

So easy to view, so easy to use, useful features not being done here, things like "covers" that you can select an image to put in your profile as a background, and then for any thread you start, you can add a "Cover" as the banner/header.

·
2017 ATS 3.6 Premium
228 Posts
This folks, is how a Xen board should be done...

So easy to view, so easy to use, useful features not being done here, things like "covers" that you can select an image to put in your profile as a background, and then for any thread you start, you can add a "Cover" as the banner/header.
While covers and other frills are nice to have, the fundamental look and functionality of the site is the main thing to get right. And that is the best-looking Xenforo site I have ever encountered. Aside from the main forums page which still has the unfortunate generic Xenforo look (I think my experience has made me allergic to it), it makes great use of the screen real estate within each forum section, has no inscrutable and meaningless icons, and it actually is easy to understand and use. While the dark theme is still too dark and the light theme is way too light, overall it is miles ahead. Actually the TCG light theme would be near-perfect if they just made everything that is currently white, light blue, and made everything that is currently light blue, white.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A question on something I just found... What is the timeframe allowed to edit a post you made? I made a post last Friday and went to make a slight tweak to it, and I was not allowed to.

Maybe this has been covered before, but not going through 247 posts to find it.

·
Super Moderator 2011 CTS SportWagon
9,459 Posts
Post editing is short, for numerous reasons. If you need something changed outside the edit window, start a Conversation with a mod and we will check it out.

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A Small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Advanced search is back. :)

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Simply enter your search word or phrase and click enter on your keyboard.

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Registered
737 Posts
Admin,

Note new issues with Tapatalk that started yesterday.

241 - 256 of 256 Posts