Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac sts 2006 v-8
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To streaming music from your phone in the sts

I bought a sts 2010 with nav loaded and was suprised at the fact that when i connected my phone via bluetooth it would not stream any of the music from pandora or other phone stations, any way to make the car do this if not by bluetooth maybe where i can plug it in thanks

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,717 Posts
Inside the center console (at the back) there are RCA audio and video jacks. You have to make the right selection on the Nav screen. You select Video and it will use those inputs. Some people install an aftermarket Bluetooth interface that just stays plugged into the RCA jacks.

·
Registered
Cadillac sts 2006 v-8
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any links to both of these i found the jacks would appreciate the options i mean the jacks are so close so a wire shouldnt be that big of a deal

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Radioshack or similar should carry the 3.5mm to RCA cable, probably less than $10.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Yeah Radio shack has fallen off a bit and not the DIY, hobby place it used to be and maybe that was their downfall, but I heard just Thurs/Fri they filed for bankruptcy.. I will be waiting to hear when the close-outs start and have to hit a few of them to stock up!

·
Registered
Cadillac sts 2006 v-8
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol thanks guys i will head up there today anyone have a link of exactly what i should be looking for or pictures and does any of them make it better audio quality or is it all the same as bluetooth

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts

----------

Don't waste your money on a "MonsterCable" brand or anything, copper wire is copper wire, there will be ZERO sound quality difference.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
408 Posts
I'd recommend for $7 or so from Amazon or eBay get a "Generic USB Bluetooth Music Audio Stereo Receiver" so you don't have to plug anything into your phone. It gets power from a USB port, such as a cig adapter (and some phone chargers) and you can plug in the cord that curtc shows and leave the whole lot in the armrest.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Kind of funny people can handle Bluetooth but cant comprehend a simple RCA to 3.5mm cable... Looking at the center console and ones phones headphone jack could draw the conclusion of what you should need... I guess the giant picture is for other members...

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Kind of funny people can handle Bluetooth but cant comprehend a simple RCA to 3.5mm cable... Looking at the center console and ones phones headphone jack could draw the conclusion of what you should need... I guess the giant picture is for other members...
As soon as I saw that input there I went inside and grabbed my 3.5mm to RCA cable, BAM, AUX input solved!

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
408 Posts
Not sure who your snark is directed at but it's not constructive.

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
there is a 12v power outlet in the console as well. I just picked this up and plan to leave it all in the console... I probably won't run the mic out like the pics show. I'll just use it for BT streaming to the AUX port...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts