Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting so tired of friends(driving is250, benz sport, bmw330) thinking I drive an old man's car just because it's a cadillac. I have to explain to people it's the sport model and not an old fart's type of car. They usually grin and say "yea". Even though I smoked my buddy driving the is250, wasn't even close...it's the same story when we get to talking about cars.

I love my cts, but I'm honestly thinking about trading it in for an 07 g35. I have the v grille, clear fogs, e&g tips, and the factory 17" sport rims. I'm thinking the 18" 07 sport rims will help alot, but damn those things are expensive...anyone else have any idea's? What have ya'll done?

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Way's to get my 05 cts luxury/sport to look more my age! (28)

yea pretty sure I will be. Going to test drive the g35 tmrw. 309hp stock, might be conviencing..lol. I hate dealing with salesman when I really like a car. I'll probably try to get all the business settled before I even drive it.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

Youre going to change your car based on what your friends opinions are? Im just curious, will they give your balls back after the new purchase? They are badge snob morons and Id guarantee that if they have a conversation with ANYONE who has decent knowledge about vehicles sold today, they will look like the dumbasses they are.

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ya shudda got a V .
yea I know, I've been kicking myself everytime I think about it. When I was buying mine gas was over 4.00/gallon and I didn't even realize there isn't much difference in mpg between the two.

I guess I could always put a v bumper up front, but I dont know if I want to start dumping money in it when I could just go get something new.

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Youre going to change your car based on what your friends opinions are? Im just curious, will they give your balls back after the new purchase? They are badge snob morons and Id guarantee that if they had a conversation with ANYONE who had decent knowledge about vehicles sold today, theyd look like the dumbasses they are.
haha, it's not primarily based on what my buddies are saying, I agree that cadillac definitely has a certain stereotype for older persons in my area. I do live in central florida where alot of people come to retire, so it could be different in other areas.

I bought my cts primarily for the interior. I loved the two-tone black grey leather. Honestly, that sold me. I always figured I would be able to make it look alot more sporty with mod's. It's just I'm running out of options and find it very expensive to get it looking the way I want.

ya'll have any recommendations on sporty 18" wheels? no chrome please

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

throw 20's on it, problem solved.
I agree new rims will help the exterior alot. I would like to find some sporty 18" wheels though...I'm not wanting to go to 20's.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

D3's body kit or a V front end. 20's or 19's. Brake kit. Tints. New paint job. Lower it. You'll lose alot of money trading in the CTS, so why not spend the money you'll lose, and buy the expensive options that you've passed on so far...

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

D3's body kit or a V front end. 20's or 19's. Brake kit. Tints. New paint job. Lower it. You'll lose alot of money trading in the CTS, so why not spend the money you'll lose, and buy the expensive options that you've passed on so far...
what is the D3's body kit?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
247 Posts

You need a LIP SPOILER.

Subtle but definitely not something an old person would want.

GM should have brought out a sporty younger persons Cadillac long ago.
Stereotypes are slow to change.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
34 Posts

Sounds like your friends are just jealous... Usually when people are jealous they try to find faults in what you have as to make what they have look better.... I personally think the CTS smokes the G35 in terms of looks....

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts

Sell it, you don't deserve a CTS yet :devilheh:

-GT

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts

G35's SUCK.....I had one

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts

1. Buy Civic.
2. Apply body kit, wing, and coffee can exhaust.
3. Please friends.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
46 Posts

i hear the same thing, peopel are like o i didnt know you retired and whatever. And im 19. Its outta a sense of jealousy because everyone knows with cadillac comes quality and luxury and wit hthe cts also comes some pretty damn good power and speed.

The fact that we can beat any of those little ****boxes while looking liek a luxury sedan makes people jealous.

Keepo the cts dude, dotn trade it in for an infiniti.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

The fact that we can beat any of those little ****boxes while looking liek a luxury sedan makes people jealous.
I wouldnt call the 3 series, C-class, and IS shitboxes... Theyre just overpriced. They are still good cars tho.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

You need a LIP SPOILER.

Subtle but definitely not something an old person would want.

GM should have brought out a sporty younger persons Cadillac long ago.
Stereotypes are slow to change.
AFAIK, theres no li spoiler for this car. Youd need to add the V bumper first, then get Spectre Werks lip spoiler.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts