Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think there are, but my fiancé really wants to be able to listen to our iPods on trips but I don't have the nav system. Is there an iPod hookup I'm overlooking? If not is there a thing I can buy to play it thru there? Like in my Lexus, it had a cassette along with CD so I used the cassette adapter in that car. But I hate those things that u match up with the radio stations. Always get to much static with that crap. And I dobt want to put in an aftermarket system. Lol. To much system set up stuff in thus head unit to take it out. Any help would be appreciated!

----------

If any mods wanna move this to a more specific STS forum I'd understand. Lol. I put this in wrong spot. Lol

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,949 Posts
I just got a Bluetooth adapter for my Volvo from GROM audio I don't know if they have anything for Cadillac?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm. I'll have to look into that. Thanks. How's it work exactly. As in what do you plug into what for it to work. Bc w/o the nav, I don't have Bluetooth on my car right? So would the adapter plug into 12 volt plug or what?

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I just got a Bluetooth adapter for my Volvo from GROM audio I don't know if they have anything for Cadillac?
Would GROM have and adapter for a '06 BMW 3 series? My son was just saying that he misses the Bluetooth capability of the new Kia in his old BMW.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured this shoulda gone to the 05-pres STS or the STS audio. It's notta seville anymore

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
:yeah:

Take a look on crutchfields website. I'd assume there's an integration kit available.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,958 Posts
Wrong Forum - this is for Seville and Eldorado up to 2004. Your car is actually a LOT different.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Do you have XM? I know PAC has units that hijack the XM signal.

There are also units that use FM but have a module that's inserted between the radio & antenna. "No static at all..."

·
Registered
Cadillac
185 Posts
I have the Smart Trio Pro for charging & playing music using my iPhone.
It does use the FM radio frequency but static isn't too bad and the sound is acceptable to me.

It's a very simple one-piece device that plugs into your cigarette outlet.
You tune the unit and your FM band to the same station and it'll play music thru your audio system.

Link to the Smart Trio Pro: http://uniluvmarketing.com/i-8390651-smart-trio-pro-car-kit.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.. in the center console is an AV in.. buy an iPod/iphone connector with component connectors (white , yellow, red) plug it in, press the aux in on the dash and you are playing movies and listening to music. Not high tech but it gets the job done..

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
The Aux input is only on Nav-equipped cars. Truckinman lacks the AV jacks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts