Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI, I got the recall for the wax on the nut problem, but notice GM Owner Center has not updated the recalls.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
I got one yesterday too, 2009 AWD

I called the dealer. Tony told me they are just hearing about it but have not gotten the parts yet.

·
Registered
CTS
71 Posts
Add me to the recall list. My dealer (Renick in Fullerton, Ca) has the parts on order. Do they need to re-align the rear wheels after this 'fix' ?

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 2020 XT4 Premium Luxury
67 Posts
Also - when I checked with Cadillac by phone they said my 2009 CTS4 wasn't impacted - yesterday I got the recall notice in the mail. Dealer called saying they have no idea what is involved, but are checking and will call me back when they have parts and procedure. :hmm:

·
Registered
CTS AWD Sportwagon
93 Posts
Got my 2010 done today. local dealer gave me a loaner overnight because the recall fix will take 2.5-3.0 hours to complete.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Picking mine up after work. I got the letter while it was at the dealer, lol. What's funny is my recall letter reads 2009 STS, and so did the last recall letter for the ignition. It's odd they have me down as an STS..what gives??

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
Dropped mine off this morning after getting the letter. My dealer only had enough new nuts for my car, more on order. Lucky I made an appointment Monday, service advisor saved the pair for me!
Just called while I was posting, all done. :cool:

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
the scary part is..Im seeing responses that state dealers dont have parts...or dont have the procedures and just now hearing about it...yet it was announced in early Feb..and added to the NHTSA data base on 2/11/11.....

My dealer service department didnt flinch when I made my appt to bring it in for the recall this week.....I didnt ask how long it would take..but have a call into them now asking that question...

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
had the recall done this morning...dealer open on sats for service....service manager stated it would take 4 hours to do....gave me a loaner car....dropped it off at 8AM and picked it up at Noon...in and out no problems....no realignment indicated on the service sheet..just replaced of nuts....

·
Registered
2010 CTS
41 Posts
I just called GM here in Canada. My car isn't affected. As for alignment, if all they do is change the nut and there is no damage to the toe link, then no alignment needed. But is the wear and tear caused by the loose nuts is out of norm and the toe link needs to be changed, then an alignment is necessary.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI. everything but nav.current mileage 11800 km.
84 Posts
i also got the notice today .....they also listed my car as a STS......now i have two recalls to deal with (timing chain computer re cal ) .....sheeesh

·
Registered
09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere
404 Posts
Actually, when I heard the news, I called the Cadillac Customer Service and they told me that my car was not included in this recall (09 CTS RWD). Same with my local dealer, they told me it does not apply to my car. Yesterday, I received my monthly diagnostic e-mail from Onstar and they tell my that my car is affected by this recall:violin:
The e-mail says:
"A recall notice has been issued for your vehicle. Your safety is our priority; see the Recall Reminder section for details on immediate action you should take."
....."REAR SUSPENSION TOE LINK SEPARATION"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts