Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an excellent article posted on another site that compares two of the best waxes:

Each wax had it’s own half of the hood….F113 having the driver side and MGC having the passenger side. I chose four things to be used as criteria for the grading of these two waxes. The four tests that were performed are as follows:

1) Ease of removal from hood
2) Beading of water on hood
3) Crispiness of shine in reflection
4) Smoothness of finish

First let me lay out the info. Both of these waxes were applied using the applicator pad that was supplied with the wax when it was bought. There are both liquid waxes and were applied by hand in one thin coat. They were both applied in the shade in 70-75* weather and were both allowed the same amount of sitting time before removal. Both waxes were removed by using a 100% cotton terry cloth. Each wax had it’s own cloth and the cloths are identical.

In test 2, two cups were filled with the same amount of cold water and were poured onto each side of the hood in the same location on the waxes corresponding side.

In test 4, this was determined by two factors. One being the smoothness by touch using the back of my fingers, and two, using a towel and sliding it down the hood with the same amount of applied force.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW TO THE RESULTS AND PICTURES!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) F113 – Wax seems to remove very hard and needed a lot of buffing to get the wax removed. Sometimes I had to go back over it twice to get the ‘haze’ off. No powdery residue left over.
1) MGC – Wax was easily removed with little effort. No extra buffing was needed to remove wax. No ‘haze’ was left after being buffed. No powdery residue left over
2) F113 - Water beaded great and moved down and off the hood quickly but left a lot of water on the hood. (pics below)
2) MGC – Water beaded great and moved down the hood slower than the F113. Although it moved slower, it left a lot less water on the hood. (pics below)

Picture A - Water on F113 half (front shot).

Picture B - Water on MGC half (front shot).

Picture C - Water on F113 half (side shot).

Picture D - Water on MGC half (side shot).

3) F113 - Seems a little blurier than the MGC. (pics below)
3) MGC - Seems a little bit more clear and crispy than the F113. (pics below)

Picture 1 - Each bottle on their own finish on each side of hood.

Picture 2 - F113 on it's own finish.

Picture 3 - MGC on it's own finish.

Picture 4 - Both bottles on F113 finish.

Picture 5 - Both bottles on MGC finish.

4) F113 - Surface felt a little smoother compared to the 'no-wax' surface. Towel slides off of hood quickly with small shove.

4) MGC - Surface felt noticably smoother compared to the 'no-wax' surface. Towel slides off of hood slightly quicker than the F113.

That's it folks. You make the decision on which to buy. Keep in mind to also look at the price of the product. F113 is nearly 4 times the price on MGC and has to be bought over the net. MGC can be purchased from your local auto parts store. Also keep in mind to look at the business/person(s) who make the product. How PROFESSIONAL are they in their SELLING TACTICS??

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From experience I have found that F113 does not last long at all. MGC lasts much longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hcvone said:
Check out The Wax Test www.gurureports.org , 113 placed 34th out of 46 products tested, Gold Class placed 18th out the 46 products tested. 113 is a cleaner glaze with zero durablity, Gold Class will last several weeks to a month.

So what is it, the guru reports is the all knowing of car wax?? There test was flawed and there points system is bull. Here is an e mail I recieved tonight from Don Clady who used to run the Marcus dairy shows in Ct.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
if you open this, was talking to a few guys about your product at a car show I was at today. Just thought you would like to know that out of 7 cleaning products at the show, from covering the event with my paper and looking at each car owners vehicles and their cleaning products, your product was used by almost everyone. Thanks Don Clady
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya it was 34 th in there screwed up test, but it was # 1 last weekend at a car show in CT. Those guys could have been using dozens of other products but they were using the formula113 and the beadx detailer.

So much for the guru reports, just goes to show ya. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

Here's Dons email address if any one has any questions for him
[email protected]

Carl do you ever give up?

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Everyone MP113 is Michael Prisco the owner of Formula 113. Michael what year Caddy do you have? Just sharing the Guru Report info with my Caddy brothers and sisters. The Guru Report of "The Wax Test" may not be the most scientific test ever performed, but no one has done a more comprehensive test yet. I guess you are really mad at the person who did this test with the Trans Am and liked Meguiar's Gold Class better, or was it the last line of his test that tells all.

"That's it folks. You make the decision on which to buy. Keep in mind to also look at the price of the product. F113 is nearly 4 times the price on MGC and has to be bought over the net. MGC can be purchased from your local auto parts store. Also keep in mind to look at the business/person(s) who make the product. How PROFESSIONAL are they in their SELLING TACTICS??"

·
Registered
2 Posts
hcvone said:
Everyone MP113 is Michael Prisco the owner of Formula 113. Michael what year Caddy do you have? Just sharing the Guru Report info with my Caddy brothers and sisters. The Guru Report of "The Wax Test" may not be the most scientific test ever performed, but no one has done a more comprehensive test yet. I guess you are really mad at the person who did this test with the Trans Am and liked Meguiar's Gold Class better, or was it the last line of his test that tells all.

"That's it folks. You make the decision on which to buy. Keep in mind to also look at the price of the product. F113 is nearly 4 times the price on MGC and has to be bought over the net. MGC can be purchased from your local auto parts store. Also keep in mind to look at the business/person(s) who make the product. How PROFESSIONAL are they in their SELLING TACTICS??"

I have a 92 Seville I purchased with 50k on it. Dark metallic blue with mauve interior. Want the vin to? F113 is not 4 times te price of MGC its double. Not mad at anyone. Just voicing my opinion of there test.
They left out many areas, like swirls and older paint etc. Not everyone drives new car.

See ya at Corvettes at Carlisle, G-53 is my space number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
MP113