Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like to use either Meguiars or Armor All products. The Meguiars cream comes in a black, plastic bottle and you can get it at any auto parts place. The new Armor All gel comes in a clear, brown bottle. It looks like a Heinz bottle. Both are good products and I have used both. My favorite is the Armor All cream, it came in a brown, upright bottle and was a cream not a gel. I have not been able to find it anymore I have been told it was discontinued. This was the best in my opinion. If you cannot find the old Armor All cream, try the gel or the Meguiars cream. For a quick clean, try the Armor All spray in the white bottle with a brown label background or the Armor All leather wipes. For a first cleaning though, I'd suggest the cream or gel.

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6 - great car gone - 2012 CTS Prem Wag w/ Tour pkg
50 Posts
I like Leatherique. It takes a bit of work but absolutely worth it.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I use Lexol right now. It seems to do a good job.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Over the counter Lexol is a good choice, Zaino online or thru distributors is another good choice. :)

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
If you can't wait for the mailman, then go with LEXOL cleaner followed by their conditioner. If you CAN wait, then order Leatherique - it is the better of the two products in my most humble of opinions!!!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,104 Posts
Head for your nearest saddle or tack shop or farm supply store. Find a can of Neat's Foot Oil. DO NOT use a gel/paste product called Mink Oil in a flat tin.....you'll stick to it forever. For just plain cleaning and preservation, use saddle soap.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I'm currently using Gary's products. Cleaner and conditioner. They're easy to use and the cleaner works great. My seats are still soft so I'll assume the conditioner works also.

It is my understanding however that Leatherique is the ultimate top of the line product for leather care. I may try that when this runs out.

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Maguire's products are my favorite, as I'm sure anyone who has read one of my posts before could have guessed.

Personally I like to use their All Purpose Cleaner and some steel wool on leather that has really been neglected, and then follow up with their leather cleaner/conditioner from the personal line.

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts