Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been working my rough idle problem (cleaning the TB and TPS didn't help BTW) when I noticed that my waterpump is weeping <argh!>
Rockauto has 2 ACDelco pumps. One costs twice as much as the other but I can't tell the difference from the description. They do call out various part number compatibilities. Which one should I get? The cheaper one (obviously) is the most popular.
Also, while I have it apart, is there some new improved waterpump cover or was that a crossover manifold that I saw somewhere on here? I just changed the freakin' cover gasket and t-stat earlier this year! Wish I'd known the pump was going out.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
Get the $30 Gates - same pump. (AC Delco is a parts sourcer - they don't make a lot of in-house parts any more.)

IF the picture of the $63 Delco pump is a real original, notice that it's made in Canada (zoom the pulley hub/shaft) - same as the original that's in my STS. You may find the Gates, inexpensive Delco and others are Chinese.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Sub. I have a bad feeling about "made in China". Time after time they get caught cutting corners. Not to say they are alone.

Advance Auto sells one with a Bosch label

·
Registered
(1971 Ford Mach 1) 1995 STS + 2006 STS-V
30 Posts
I purchased mine at Advance Auto. I think it was their in-house brand. They even loaned me a brand new water pump tool. It was easy as pie! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts