Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS 1998
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the Kitchener-waterloo area that has a 2000 STS that could help me out?

Really anywhere between here and Toronto I would be happy with.

I have a 2000 STS with a "misfire on cylinder 4"
I replaced the spark plugs and sparkplug boots, and the valve cover gasket(s) hoping it was the oil, or the plugs. I did not replace the plugs with OEM ones cause they want $17 each for them, but NGK platinum plugs instead.

I just wanted to borrow someone's coil pack for a few minutes to see if the problems goes away before I spend $600 on a new one. It's the 2000, so all 4 coils are in one package.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,064 Posts
Not quite in Canada, but www.rockauto.com has ACDelco 41-987 Platinum plugs and the DELPHI coil cassettes, with or without ICM, for a lot less than your prices. There must be a way to get them to you.

Most Northstars have an oil weep or two at the plug well O-rings. Not a cause for cam cover gasket replacement.

At least the miss is in the front (gray) bank.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
I am in the area but unfortunately I don't have your setup. But my recommendation (as anybody else) would be AC Delco; I had HORRIBLE experience with Bosch, HORRIBLE, don’t know about NGK but I do know these engines for some reasons like AC Delco ONLY.
Sub, we here in Canada pay sometimes double for the same thing, is just how things are - smaller market. Bought from Rockauto.com + shipping + brokerage fee + TAX + USD-CAD conversion commission, yup the price is about that.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,064 Posts
I was considering a somewhat more underhanded form of delivery...........

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
Waterloo is only about 1 hr from Jake in London, who is a forum sponsor and Northstar mechanic.

He posts under 97Eldo .... why not shoot him a pm?

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,604 Posts
I get a lot of parts from RockAuto and even with the conversions I still save a lot of money. I just placed a $925 US order with them two days ago.

Hacker 720 - if you can make it out to my shop you've got a free coil cassette. It's used but it fired every cylinder. I'll help you install it if you like.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Go man!
You will see the Cadillac heaven, almost had tears on my eyes when I pulled in, rarely you see so many Cadillacs in one place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts