Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ESV
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a little bit of water under the driver's door sill panel. There are two pieces of rubber trim that are around the door frame. One runs across the top of both driver's side doors, and another wraps around the door frame. I'm thinking the one that wraps around the door frame is what needs to be replaced, but want to be sure before I order the wrong thing.

In case I'm using the wrong term, below is what I'm referring to as a sill plate (this is for the passenger side, but gets my point across).

·
Registered
2004 ESV
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up ordering this;

Didn't fix the water intrusion issue, it certainly makes the door close a little tighter, and when I go to open the door, it practically pops open.

I also resealed the inner door plastic, as I had to remove it months ago when replacing the window regulator, thinking that maybe water was leaking between the door and that plastic. That also proved to not be the issue.

I'll just spray down the door and see if water is leaking where it shouldn't be from there, or if it's the drip channel that runs along the section where the side meets the roof, just behind the top of the door line. I'm just having a bear of a time finding a part number on any of the GM part websites.

Most likely what will happen is I'll drill a hole where water is collecting and then paint the edges of the hole so it doesn't rust.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,392 Posts
I would check your sunroof drain tube which runs under the driver side pillar trim I believe. The tube maybe disconnected or damaged and allows the water draining from the sunroof to leak on the floor boards on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it's the gutter that runs along the roofline that is the culprit. There is a part of the gutter that is missing on both sides, I guess so when the back door opens, it doesn't cut into the channel there. It's allowing water to pool near the corner of the inner weatherstrip, and water is getting in there.

Not to say there aren't any issues with the sunroof drain, but I was able to get water into the same spot in the floor by testing where the door meets the roof.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,392 Posts
Sound like you found the issue, hopefully repairing the gutter will solve the problem.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I need is the part number for that gutter. I guess I'll just have to call a dealer to get a part and a price.

I really wish these were quality vehicles. I know this is a 15 year old car, so anything made of rubber is well past it's serviceable life, but these types of issues were super common even when the vehicle was new. I've found 12+ year old threads with "unknown water leak"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts