Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First rain after I bought the car, open the trunk and hear water sloshing around inside. Days after the rain has stopped, same deal. As a matter of fact, when I open the trunk, a few drops of water manage to escape and drip out. Took the car to Cadillac, they "got the water out" and resealed it, which doesn't make any sense because clearly they're just getting the water out, but not applying any type of preventive measures. On top of that, as soon as I get home, I opened the trunk because I had to put some bags in there for a trip to NY, and there was actually a little water still inside. Took it to Caddy again when I got back to NC and they basically did the same thing again, but I didn't have time to deal with the stupidity. planning on going back again soon. Wondering if anyone has had experiences with this before and figured out the issue, so I can save these poor folks at Cadillac the hard work of figuring out what the problem is, and solving it God forbid. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool im not alone. i really believe it has something to do with the spoiler, but hopefully someone who knows what's up will chime in so we can get this problem solved.

·
Registered
894 Posts
you could always remove the trunk lid liner and pour water on the trunk and focus on the spot you think i might be. you can trace the water without the liner installed. just an idea.

·
Registered
Sts-v 2008
139 Posts
I didn't fix it but I did find some rubber plugs along the bottom of the trunk lid. I removed these and now I don't have standing water in the lid.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huh.. interesting. I'll try removing those rubber plugs and see where that gets me. Either way there's something wrong because those plugs are supposed to be there, but I hate the thought of standing water just sitting in my metal trunklid ya know? Cool I'll do that, and meanwhile I'll give Cadillac an other shot at figuring this one out. I'll let you guys know what comes of it.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you end up fixing it? Did you have to replace something?

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Mine was the reverse lights. Just popped them out (2 bolts each on back) then used some 2 sided foam tape to redo the seal between the car and the foam on the light. No issues since.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks I'll check that out. Now that you mention it, I've seen water inside one of my reverse lights.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright thanks. At least we now know 2 possibilities of what it could be so I could point these guys in the right direction.

12,778 Posts
Guy, I'm happy to see you found the community comments helpful so far! If you would like any assistance working with your dealer towards a resolution, please let me know. Customer Service is always happy to step in at any point and follow up with your dealer on your behalf. I'm reachable via email at [email protected]!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
51 Posts
After a bad rain storm on Friday and Friday night, I opened the trunk on Saturday and heard the water inside the lid and watched it pour out from the rubber plugs at the bottom. I let it drain for a while but there was still water in there. I have read about multiple possibilities of why this ciuld happen. I'm going to try them all.

Guy, did you ever get this fixed?

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went through targetSTS. Real name is Alex. I guess he's gotten the word out somewhat on the sts forums but he said he'd be glad for me to spread the word on the sts-v forum. Not cheap. You're looking at around 200 for a used pair and around 400 for a new pair. Also in case you didn't know the euro ones are LED from the factory like the cts and Dts. Go ahead and pm targetSTS. Ill post pics when I receive them and when I install.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
overall the price isn't bad considering the cost of the domestic shell that lacks any LEDs are like $125 each.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts