Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys can help me out...I have 26' giovanna's and they are stained with water spots that wont come off! I tried mothers chrome polish and meguirs...i mean i paid so much money for these things and i am really upset...they only sat for a couple of weeks without being cleaned while i was on vacation. How can I get these water spots off guys? please help...thank you

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Some of the acid etching from lawn sprinklers on chrome and aluminum wheels require a lot of work to repair them, we had many attachments for our buffers to do this, always had good luck with Mother's Chrome Polish

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
i also tried this and it made a big scuff mark on the area where i used it
Thats not the fault of the never-dull. You need to make sure that the wheel is free from dirt, dust, grime, or other contaminants that can scratch the wheel.

I've done many wheels with neverdull without issues. Infact I've got some wheels as good as new with it.

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats not the fault of the never-dull. You need to make sure that the wheel is free from dirt, dust, grime, or other contaminants that can scratch the wheel.

I've done many wheels with neverdull without issues. Infact I've got some wheels as good as new with it.
I used it right after i washed my car and i cleaned my wheels perfectly...could it be the wheels???

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
I used it right after i washed my car and i cleaned my wheels perfectly...could it be the wheels???

My guess is that it was something at the carwash. Especially if it was a automatic type. If it was done by hand, its more likely that the wash towel or mitt (or whatever was used) had something on it to scratch the wheel. Its NOT the never-dull that did the damage.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts

My guess is that it was something at the carwash. Especially if it was a automatic type. If it was done by hand, its more likely that the wash towel or mitt (or whatever was used) had something on it to scratch the wheel. Its NOT the never-dull that did the damage.

Can you get any pictures of the spots on the chrome?

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ok i just found out that after i tried polishing it with the other polishes i let my nephew try with the never dull...and he just told me today that he pulled a piece of the never dull out and went over one area of rain spost really hard with the piece of never dull...so now i know why it scuffed it...could i get this out?

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Clay Bar the wheels, works on everything but plastic, paint glass, and yes chrome. If that doesnt work, there is a product called colonel brassy, its a metal polish. Dilute it with glass cleaner, and rub it on the water spots with a small wax applicator pad.

You have no idea how many times ive stated this simple step, because its what worked for me when i ran a detail shop, and it seems no one every listens.

Adam

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try CLR, it works. (most of the time) Safe for chrome since you can use it on bathroom fixtures. Just use a soft cloth so you don't scratch the chrome up.

Or, try the Dri-Wash line of products, i.e. the metal cleaner/polish. It has a money back promise, and worked damn good at a carshow I saw it at.

·
Banned
Cadillac
423 Posts
If you havn't fixed the problem yet, go ahead and try a product by I believe it's mothers called "blue". When I had 19" Iforged wheels I had very bad waterspots and with a little scrubbing they came right out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts