Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
Do a search. The GM sealant tabs have been discussed to death. They are recommended and should be used for that exact reason. You can get them at any GM dealer or Walmart, and most auto parts stores. From a non dealer you want Barsleaks HDC (tabs) or G12PB (powdered version). DO NOT use anythinng else. If you have the Northstar put them in the radiator hose, NOT the surge tank. If you are talking about the 4.9, put them in the radiator.

BTW, that water pump cover gasket has been redesigned (Northstar), so if you reused the old one, you might consider replacing it. It's about $10 from the dealer.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.