Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Purple 95 Deville 4.9L with 7 cows worth of leather
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After paying a fine Craigslist vendor to install my waterpump incorrectly on my 95 Deville, ruining the brand new waterpump and making my reinstall a pain in the butt. After everything was successfully put back together, I hear a god awful racket under the hood, this is because the cap/pulley for the water pump is now held in by 2 bolts. I think that the problem is a ruined cap, on of the holes is now an oval but is there anything else that might cause my waterpump to eat bolts?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,798 Posts
Which model Deville and which engine - 4.9 or 4.6 Northstar ?? It makes a BIG difference in diagnosis.

Update your profile ^^^ with your car, year, engine, model.

:highfive: Hi ! !! Welcome Aboard.............

·
Registered
Purple 95 Deville 4.9L with 7 cows worth of leather
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much I am past thrilled I found this forum. Though not a mechanic I know just enough to thoroughly F things up, lol.

I have a pimpo'licous 95 Purple Deville with the 4.9. On this car the water pump is driven by a cap/pulley that attaches to the pump with 3 bolts (if anybody knows where I can get some more of these cheap...). To my untrained eye it doesn't seem like the best design ever but it easy enough to change and rest assured when one of the bolts go bye bye the racket will get your attention fast. I have to special order the pulley so I will have a couple of days and the water pump is brand new (Thanks for the member who posted the walk through, it was a snap to follow.). I am reasonably sure the pulley is the culprit as one of the eyes is out of round but I am wondering if there is anything else that might cause enough tension to send the bolts flying? As a side note the bolts have to be on "just right", too loose and they fly off, too tight and you've just messed up your water pump.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
gm# 11515755 is the bolt part number for the 4.9L water pump pulley... i think it takes three

we usually use new bolts and a new pulley when we do a water pump on those cars...

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Ive never had one fall out before. There's nothing unusual about how the pulley bolts on, they usually use 3-4 bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts