Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey how you guys doing well i have my first major repair on my 94 etc :banghead: does any one know the cost of a oem water pump and time to do the job :hide: and since i have the pump out any thing eles i could for shits:canttalk: and giggles. all help is welcome ty

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
darkfuntime said:
hey how you guys doing well i have my first major repair on my 94 etc :banghead: does any one know the cost of a oem water pump and time to do the job :hide: and since i have the pump out any thing eles i could for shits:canttalk: and giggles. all help is welcome ty
You can probably find a good price on an OEM pump from www.rockauto.com or www.gmpartsdirect.com. They are about $40-$60 if I remember right. The water pump cover gasket should also be replaced while you're in there, and it won't hurt to change the thermostat and the surge tank cap. There is a special tool to remove the water pump which can be borrowed from some auto parts stores like AutoZone or Pep Boys for a small, fully refundable deposit. You'll need 6 of the Bar's Leaks giant tablets or 2 tubes of Bar's Leaks Golden Seal powder or 6 of the GM Cooling System Supplement Pellets and probably a couple gallons of distilled water to refill the system. Be sure to install the pellets or powder into the radiator hose, not in the surge tank.

While you're working in that general area, you might clean the throttle body bore and blade and check the transmission fluid level and color.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty mike last time i did the coolant gm gave my a liquid style :alchi: bars leak and said that all the dealers were now useing it:lies: ? and i will allso look at the throttle body however i do use 92 pump gas would that clean the body and flap out?

·
1,164 Posts
darkfuntime said:
ty mike last time i did the coolant gm gave my a liquid style :alchi: bars leak and said that all the dealers were now useing it:lies: ? and i will allso look at the throttle body however i do use 92 pump gas would that clean the body and flap out?
The dealerships should not be using the liquid cooling system supplement, or at least the factory still requires using the Bar's Leaks stuff. (The GM supplement tablets are really just Bar's Leaks giant tablets in different packaging.) The gas has nothing to do with cleaning the throttle body. It should be cleaned to get rid of the buildup of condensed oil vapors and other crankcase gunk that accumulates there. You'll be surprised how dirty it is behind the throttle blade. Clean that TB up spic-and-span and your car will thank you for it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that funny they told me at the dealer that they did not use the tabs anymore and gave me the liquid i hate the dealers sometimes

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,779 Posts
Don't forget, you need a special socket to remove the pump.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well now the pump is in and the t.b. is clean and there is tabs in the hose the the dog is once again wagging its tail:cloud9: (and the bead leal on the rr tire fixed) and all fixed at 216.00 the coolest thing is my mech.had the tabs and never seen the liquid before they do know g.m. thank god ty ranger and mcowden for your help

·
1,164 Posts
darkfuntime said:
well now the pump is in and the t.b. is clean and there is tabs in the hose the the dog is once again wagging its tail:cloud9: (and the bead leal on the rr tire fixed) and all fixed at 216.00 the coolest thing is my mech.had the tabs and never seen the liquid before they do know g.m. thank god ty ranger and mcowden for your help
Glad you got your baby taken care of, darkfuntime... :thumbsup: Take care of her and she'll take care of you. Thanks for letting us know what you did! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts