Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i was on my way to school when all of a sudden a stream of water came from the passenger sun visor area. It seemed to almost come from the the screw closest to the door. I looked on the outside of the car and could find no entrance. The sun roof was completely closed as well. Anyone know where the water could be entering? Thanks.

-Ryan

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
35 Posts
dont forget that the sunroof opens two ways. all the way, and at an angle. sometimes if your closing it from having it open all the way you can accidentally hold the button too long and it will angle the glass slightly. Its really hard to notice when this happens... i ended up going through a car wash like this and thank god there was no damage lol

·
Registered
2004 Escalade 6.0
159 Posts
The ariel on the roof lets water in under it when the rubber ring perishes.

Remove the ariel , a thinline of silicone on the ariel base and refit. Will be fine!

·
Registered
NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7
176 Posts
Don't forget rear hatch has a seal that gets out of shape and water comes in the rear hatch and runs down the head liner to the front and comes out in different places.t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts