Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have V6 05, from last 2-3 weeks I have seen water inside passenger compartment under driver floor mat only and specifically its under left foot area. And now from last 3 days lot of water is under engine on the floor, then i check water level in reservoir which is also very low from normal. Today when I took floor mat out, water was dripping from mat.

Are these two leakages same..?? but I couldn't figure it out how come radiator water can come inside passenger compartment because 4 years back inside heater core was by-passed meaning no radiator water is coming inside passenger compartment....right..???

Any thoughts that could be helpful.

Thanks,

·
Registered
237 Posts
There's ultraviolet dye that can be added to the coolant, when you shine a blacklight on it, it glows. Might be the quickest way to see if it's the water you're finding inside the car.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
You need to figure out for sure if this is water or coolant. Should be pretty easy because DexCool has a very distinct odour. If it's water, the low coolant you're describing has nothing to do with the problem and is a separate issue. There's a one-way valve in the HVAC system to allow condensation from the AC evaporator to drain to the exterior of the vehicle. Sometimes this gets plugged and clean water will drain into the floor area. This is more typical of the passenger side though. You may also have a sunroof drain problem (if your car is so equipped). There are a lot of other possibilities as well. Like I said however, you need to know for sure what that fluid is first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts