Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2000 ETC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning,
I have a 2000 ETC. When it rains (I'm not losing coolant), a great deal of water accumulates on the passenger side front floor. I suspected it came from the door, but I finally caught it in the act. It seems to be coming from the right side of the glove compartment area. Could this be a windshield leak? Is there a cowl area that is prone to leaks there?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,632 Posts
Check the sunroof (if fitted) drains. There are 4 - one at each corner. The front 2 run down the inside of the A-pillar trim covers, down to the fenderwell liner. The drains clog at either the sunroof gutter corners or at the flapper valve at the lower end of the tubes.

#7 and #10 in the drawing. Also check the glass retainer screw tightness (#2) and alignment.

Seville/Eldorado sunroof, factory type -

Font Parallel Engineering Drawing Auto part

·
2001 Deville
10 Posts
I ran into this same problem many years ago and it ended up being a trim screw that had penetrated the firewall. when it rained the water would drip off the screw. it took pulling the underdash panel down and spraying the windshield w water to find it. make sure your evaporater drains are clear and check the drains at the corners of the cowl are clear also

·
2000 ETC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I pulled the front passenger side inner fender plastic and I found the drain. I tried to insert a length of 0.080" weed wacker line, but I could only get about 1 foot in. Am I doing it wrong? Can the drain be reached from the top?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,632 Posts
The front drains can be reached from the top. See my previous post diagram.

If the weedwhacker line is cut off with a sharp edge at the end, heat it a tad with a propane cigarette lighter to round off the cut end.

·
2000 ETC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you.

I tried from both ends (top and bottom), with no luck. I tried a few PSI of air from the bottom with no luck either.

This is becoming really frustrating.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts