Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I got me a 99 Catera a few weeks ago. The good news is it runs perfectly, the bad news is when it rains my passenger floor board floods. I already know it's coming from up under the dash, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to fix it without going to the dealer. It floods so much that it runs into the rear passenger as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Do you have the HVAC air filter installed? If you don't know how to check, you will find the procedure in your owners manual. My friend had a similar problem with flooding and later found it it was becuase the previous owner removed and never replaced the HVAC air filter. It wasn't a Catera though.

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This having all that water is demoralizing.Had this same problem with our 98 Catera a couple of years ago. Dealer had it for a month,took out the seats,carpet,and all and said the air cond wasn't sealed! Two years later, the same problem! I took the plastic screen shroud below the windshield wipers out and could see water at the bottom of the air cond plenum, poked around with a stiff wire and it started to drain. When it was drained,used a shopvac with thin wand to vacuum out pineneedles and other crap that had plugged the drain. In this last rainy period it has happened again, so I have cemented finer screen to the underside of the shroud to stop that"stuff" from getting in and plugging the drain again.. this just last week. Personally, I think this was the problem to begin with..not sealing like the dealer said!
Hope my experience with this problem will help you and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts