Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am a new member. I have a Cadillac CTS 2003 (62 000 miles). I would like to know if somebody already had problems of water infiltration (rear floor driver side). I tried to find out the problem but...without success

Thanks

(sorry for languages mistakes, my english is not perfect...) :annoyed:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'm a little disappointed to hear that this is still a problem. Many Cadillac models in the 90's had it, and it was always related to a faulty gasket/weatherstripping seal. I've heard of it with Eldorados, Sevilles, and I even saw it on a Deville.

Two years ago I came literally MINUTES away from buying a '99 DeVille until I saw the rusty jack and spare in the trunk. The carpet was wet, too. The car had been on the lot for six weeks, I was surprised the dealership hadn't made an effort to fix it until I pointed it out to them. They called me a week later to tell me they had fixed it. By then I was scared off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elvis,

Thanks for the info. I don't have water infiltrations in the trunk (ouf!). I did some water tests on the sunroof and the "drains" are ok. I'm gonna check "gasket/weatherstripping seal".

If somebody else have any informations do not hesitate !

Good day!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Watch out for mould!

I remember in abuot 1993 we left my 1987 Range Rover in an airport lot for five weeks when we went on holiday, we came home to find there was mould growin on the inside of the rear windscreen and lower tailgate, twp years later i sat on the tailgate to chage my boots after a site inspection and it snapped completely off, the hinges had rusted to the point of breakage. I was so ashamed when 50 builders saw me land on my arse. I sold it and went Japanese. My 1995 Isuzu Trooper Commercial is still running 250,000 miles later, and is in the hands of my Stepmother

Sorry for the off topic-ness, but the upshot is, watch out for mould, and parts falling off!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I have the same thing. I had almost a half gallon of water in the drivers side rear seat foot well. It keeps getting wet, even with no rain for weeks. I keep a dry towel under the drivers seat to make sure the carpet stays dry. It is soaked after only a few days of driving.

I have come to the conclusion its from the AC condensor drain, which is under the console. I may pull the console to see if the rubber hose has cracked or slipped off. If I can't figure it out soon, it's going to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I my case I have half or a gallon under the carpet. Maybe I'll be obligated to take the seats and the carpets off and do some water tests. Anyway I have to make them dry before winter. I'll also take a look to the AC condensor drain...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Look at the area where the heater case meets the firewall, some early built cars had leaks in this and cowl area. water then would follow heater ducts.

·
Registered
04' CTS Luxury Sport, 2010 RWD Platinum Escalade
51 Posts
The last two times I have washed the car, I have noticed that the driver's side back part of the trunk (like where the tailight is) is moist. The carpet feels moist but not soaked. When I took in the car for a stabilitrak message (turned out it could not be reproduced and it only happended once) I asked the service guy and he said, once again, that they would have to spray water and see if they could get the same problem. I'm taking the car later on this week for an oil change and to see if they can now reproduce the water prob.
On a related note, the oil was changed on June 9 (16.5K mi) before I bought the car, but the guys forgot to reset the oil thing (it was at about 54% when i got it). The car now has 21.5k mi. It's been 5k mi and 3 months. It now reads 3%. Should I reset it so they dont say anything at the dlr? How much more car I drive it safely without damaging anything.... thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts