Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS-V. Black / Tango
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

When I wash my car water somehow gets inside the trunk lid. When I open the trunk, I can hear vast quantities of water sloshing around, and it then leaks out the sides (on the inside behind the trim panel ) and spills out into my trunk. But not all of it of course, if I open/close it a couple times I can slosh most of it out.

Am I the only one with the problem? (this is an 08)

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
I have never had this happen and I use a pressure washer occasionally.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
I don't have the issue you speak of. Only issue I have is when its raining hard or lots of water sitting on the trunk itself, when you open it fast all the water runs off and isn't cought by the shelf due to the design of the trunk. Alot of it runs right in the trunk itself.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
755 Posts
I agree that you must be missing a seal on one of the spoiler bolts. That is the only place it could get in from the outside. The good news is that the trunk does not seem to be metal as a magnet will not stick to it.

Anybody know what the trunk is made out of? I know the hood is fiberglass but the trunk feels different...

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I agree that you must be missing a seal on one of the spoiler bolts. That is the only place it could get in from the outside. The good news is that the trunk does not seem to be metal as a magnet will not stick to it.

Anybody know what the trunk is made out of? I know the hood is fiberglass but the trunk feels different...

Yeah I discovered that when I try to mount a magnetic CB antenna to it. :D

My guess is it's made of Aluminum (spoken with a U.K. pronunciation ;) )

I've seen some of the CTS-V owners speak of the water in the trunk problem. To the dealership is the answer to let them fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts