Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have seen this post before but i saw no resolution... When it rains i retain water in my trunk and i have tried to reseal it but i am unable to keep the water out still. My vehicle has never been wrecked or anything like that. Can anyone help with some solutions? Thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
jimsmith said:
Hey guys i have seen this post before but i saw no resolution... When it rains i retain water in my trunk and i have tried to reseal it but i am unable to keep the water out still. My vehicle has never been wrecked or anything like that. Can anyone help with some solutions? Thank you all for your time.
Did you check everything for cracks or leaks in the rubber sealing? Maybe try replacing it all. It's hard to help without seeing it first hand. Just look around to find the leak...

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
If there are any drain holes make sure they are clear. Get an air nozzle and blast the with air!!

·
Registered
05 CTS
179 Posts
Same thing happened to mine once, one of the seals on the bezel was off. Once I sealed that up and opened the drains to let the water out, no more problems.

·
Registered
CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all.. I will recheck everything again and hopefully i can get this resolved... Thanks again for all of your help.

·
Registered
07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI
353 Posts
When i bought mine the factory spoiler was loose and water was coming thru, i just tightened it and never had an issue since, (touching wood)

12,778 Posts
Jimsmith, I hope you will keep us updated on your progress! And if you would like me to contact your dealer for you at any point, to follow up on your concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm available via email at [email protected]!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i sure will im going to see if i can get this issue resolved this saturday. Thank you so much everybody!

·
Registered
2003 CTS
147 Posts
My 03 was leaking in where the tail lights meet the run off trough under the trunk lid. A little clear caulking solved the problem.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6
10 Posts
I have a 2007 CTS that I've owned for about 8 months. Yesterday, I discovered two towels in the trunk that were soaking wet. I removed the spare tire cover and found about 4 inches of water in the spare tire well. Shortly after owning this vehicle, I found the threaded shaft that holds the spare cover and spare tire assembly was all rusted. I had to have it cut off and the shaft and screw assemblies replaced so I could get to the spare in an emergency. Now I think I know why these were rusted. Cadillac dealer where I bought this car assured me this car was never in an accident. The rubber gasket around the trunk that makes contact with the lid, to hopefully keep water out, looks in very good condition, however, with the trunk lid closed, I can pull a piece of heavy string through the seal on the drivers side, but on the other side of the trunk seal, it grips the string tight so I can't draw it out. I can only assume the leak is coming in on the side where the rubber seal isn't snug enough against the trunk lid when closed. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium
179 Posts
Very easy to find. Get in trunk with flashlight and have helper slowly run a garden hose around trunk lid. You will see leak and hopefully helper will let you out.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Very easy to find. Get in trunk with flashlight and have helper slowly run a garden hose around trunk lid. You will see leak and hopefully helper will let you out.
I had one of my Daughters do this last year and she did not see it but, it was there. In our case behind the carpet where the back lights are was the problem. When you change a bulb you have to put the rubber seals back exactly or they will leak. The round seals. It leaked much worse from high pressure touch less car washes than anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts