Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadiilac CTS 3.6DI
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I searched the forum pretty well before posting this, but I'm having an issue with water collecting in the rear floorboard, only behind the driver's seat. The car hasn't been driven in awhile, so I can isolate that it's not condensation from the AC, and from what I've read, it must be a clogged drain tube.

My question is two-part:

First, is there a particular drain tube that would correlate to just the rear driver side floorboard? None of the other floorboards have any water, just this one, and it's a good amount. I've used a shopvac and got most of it, and have been apply carpet fresh powder, vacuuming, and reapplying in hopes of getting the remaining moisture out, and am making progress.

Secondly, if there is a particular drain tube that would be backing up here (or even if there's multiple possible culprits), does anyone have pictures or a good description of where these are located? I found an older thread that had a good amount of information and pictures, but alas, the pictures had expired.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

·
Registered
2008 Cadiilac CTS 3.6DI
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still working on getting the remaining moisture out, headed to get a dehumidifier tonight. Any help on the drains, pictures?

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
604 Posts
From what I understand, there are 4 drains for the sunroof, located roughly in each of the 4 corners. It sounds like yours might be the left rear, and IIRC the rears have to be cleared out from the bottom, as the rear glass is immobile, but check the sunroof leak thread for confirmation of that.

·
Registered
2008 Cadiilac CTS 3.6DI
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mission accomplished! The dehumidifier spent a day in the cabin sealed up, got all the remaining moisture. Tried the shortcut route of not removing panels and such to access the tubes.

Used a can of keyboard cleaner first to knock it loose, followed by jimmying weed whacker line. Then I got some hot water and poured it near the hole and used the turkey baster to plunge the hole. Stay patient.

Drivers side only took about 10 minutes, passenger side I wasn't getting anything for awhile, and finally got a gurgling sound and water started to drip underneath. The holes are pretty easy to find, one at each corner of the sunroof.

Easy job and I'll be doing this periodically to prevent any further issues.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,161 Posts
Kudos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts