Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2007 Cts-v 2007 Cts 3.6l (SOLD)
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is raining here in st louis and i get into my car and go to turn on my wipers and the fuild is spraying onto the windsheild the entire time. I cannot get it to turn off. Has anyone had or herd of similar issues. :banghead:

· Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,439 Posts
yep, others have had this issue...the windshield wiper motor is normally the culprit. yes i know it is only spraying, but it is connected to the wiper motor and thats how it gets its power

· Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,922 Posts
i would say crossed wire but....
how long have you had the car? when did this start?

and just to be clear on the problem...lets say... you are driving, it starts raining so you put your wipers on. BAAM your windshield washer sprayers fire up a keep spraying....or just ban 1 shot then nothing?

· Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,906 Posts
Since the controls goes through the wiper motor and they are known to go bad to where they are "on" even though the switch is off. Then I would point my fingers at the wiper "motor" module. You can get a pretty cheap one from eBay.

KOT

· Registered
cts
1 Posts
I have a problem with my 2007 CTS. Every time i turn on the wipers the washers for both the screen and headlights comes on also.(i have checked the fuses). A garage has checked the wipers stalk and cant find a problem. Has anyone had this problem and know a solution? Many Thanks

· Registered
2006 CTS, 3.6L Luxury Package
6 Posts
I have a 2006 CTS 3.6 Luxury model. About 2 months ago, when I turned on the wipers, the washer also started pumping and ran until it emptied the reservoir. You could still hear the pump running when empty. This happened every time I ran the wipers. Also the first postion on the wiper was to be intermittent, it was slow, steady.
The fix is faulty wiper control module, the GM part number is 88958118. Dealer price for this is $214.00, found it on-line for $108.00. Had my mechanic (not Dealer) replace it for $60.00 labor.
I found many posts with this same problem and same diagnosis, but nobody could provide the actual part number.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 40 Posts