Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD, 2016 SRX AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I've had to refill the reservoir every other week - is this happening to anyone else?

I filled the reservoir again this morning and as I poured in the fluid, the reservoir filled so quickly I said "this can't be right!".

Does anyone know how many ounces the reservoir is supposed to hold? It is too damn cold out, otherwise I'd take the reservoir off to inspect. Instead I'd like to measure how much fluid it holds by pouring in an ounce at a time. I'd like to know what the stated capacity is.

2014 Cadillac ATS Standard, 2.0T, no headlamp washers or anything.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
My 13' takes a full gallon when the "low fluid" light is on without issue. Are you far enough north (or just cold enough) that fluid is freezing in the reservoir?

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
or since your talking ounces instead of gallons ...Are you Sure your putting the fluid on the right place?.....mine takes a gallon from dead empty with room for more, dealers typicaly just use water so i purge mine after dealer oil change by using them frequently to clear their garbage out and i only use rain-x, when i lived in MN i used Rain-x winter anti freezing washer fluid

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
Make sure your lines have no leaks in them. On another car, I've had the tube wear a hole from a misaligned line getting rubbed on by the wiper arm. Dealer did NOT cover that in the warranty!

·
Registered
Performance AWD T
65 Posts
My 13' takes a full gallon when the "low fluid" light is on without issue. Are you far enough north (or just cold enough) that fluid is freezing in the reservoir?
I concur with this, Fluid reservoir size is not par of the many issues i have with this car

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD, 2016 SRX AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just north of NYC and we've had some very cold days.

I bought a jug (I'm guessing a gallon) and refilled the reservoir at least twice, and the jug still has half a gallon left.
If there was a leak, I should be through that gallon by now.

From what y'all are saying, it sounds more like a partial blockage. I believe it's possible that the cheap stuff I bought from a gas station had frozen and blocked up much of the reservoir, so when I went to refill, there wasn't much spare capacity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts