Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
???? CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the car and have been doing repairs. I tried to clean the windshield the other day when I thought it needed fluid. I put a whole jug in there today and still nothing. How do I know if it's the pump??? I hear the humming noise when you hit the switch. The wipers function fine. PLEASE help.....this is my first Cadillac and learning the ins and outs. Thanks in advance.

Please update your profile with the year of your car. It helps in diagnosis and advice. Welcome Aboard !!!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,767 Posts
What model year is your CTS? Have you check the hoses under the hood to see where they go? I assume the fuse is fine as you say that you hear the humming of the motor. So when this happens, do you get any washer fluid dripping from some where. As if the hose is broken somewhere.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base model
182 Posts
You have to at least partially remove the soundproofing from under the hood to access the washer lines. Maybe a gentle blast of air in them to make sure nozzles aren't somehow plugged. If possible unhook line at the tank and blow back through that way also. I had a nozzle go bad recently and had to replace it. It was more like a flood that ran down onto the hood than a spray.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
I have the same issue with mine and it's a 2006 CTS. I replaced the W/S pump and I dont hear it humming. I checked all fuses and none of them are blown. Is there a relay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with mine and it's a 2006 CTS. I replaced the W/S pump and I dont hear it humming. I checked all fuses and none of them are blown. Is there a relay?
Having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? We changed fuses and pump, when I hold the button on the wipers come on once but can't hear the pump running at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? We changed fuses and pump, when I hold the button on the wipers come on once but can't hear the pump running at all
I had the same issue, remove the sound detoning under the hood and you'll see a black hose most likely it popped off at the connector just apply a little silicone or similar adhesives and push it back together

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just purchased the car and have been doing repairs. I tried to clean the windshield the other day when I thought it needed fluid. I put a whole jug in there today and still nothing. How do I know if it's the pump??? I hear the humming noise when you hit the switch. The wipers function fine. PLEASE help.....this is my first Cadillac and learning the ins and outs. Thanks in advance.
I have an 05 CTS and one day I tried to wash the window and NO fluid spray, but I could hear it. The very first place I would check is at the passenger side of the hood as close to the windshiels as you can get. Right at the corner of the hood is where the hose comes out of the fender and into the hood and it has a sharp bend in it. THIS is where it gets GM STUPID ! This hose is made of PLASTIC tubing, Not Rubber, so it is hard and ridgid and it is most likely going to snap right at the sharp bend. This is where I located my breakage.
I haven't fixed it yet because I wasn't thinking outside the box enough. I was thiking about how I could attach a plastic tubing connector inside this hard brittle plastic tube to mend them back together, without it cracking more or crumbling apart. It wasn't until just now while I was reading your post that I thought of using a small length of vacuum hose and slide it OVER the original hard, brittle, plastic crap that GM used for this.
Anyway, if you hear the pumper and get no wash, I'd start at the right hand corner of the hood where the tube jumps from the fender to tthe hood FIRST, and if it isn't busted there, THEN start removing the insulation from under the hood. Those plastic push connectors un the underhood insulation panel don't seem all that friendly when reusing them or reinstalling the insulation. JMO and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts