Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my cars going in to the dealership in the next couple days for them to re-do the paint job on my bumper b/c its peeling.
My concern is, i have a Volant, and i know that to take the bumper off, they'll have to pop the hood and will see the aftermarket intake where the stock one should be.

Should i remove the CAI before i take the car in?

·
Registered
2007 CTS
103 Posts
It really depends. For this warranty work it would not be a consideration. Even if you had an engine issue, the dealership must prove that the aftermarket equipment caused or contributed to the issue before voiding warranty service on that problem. Some dealerships will put in a "special note" into the maintence system stating the aftermarket parts they find on your vehicle to "help" their techs diagnose possible issues in the future.

So I guess the simple answer is, yes put it back to stock to be safe - or you can risk it. Depends on how your dealership is run.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really depends. For this warranty work it would not be a consideration. Even if you had an engine issue, the dealership must prove that the aftermarket equipment caused or contributed to the issue before voiding warranty service on that problem. Some dealerships will put in a "special note" into the maintence system stating the aftermarket parts they find on your vehicle to "help" their techs diagnose possible issues in the future.
So I guess the simple answer is, yes put it back to stock to be safe - or you can risk it. Depends on how your dealership is run.
ya thats what i was gonna ask next - "would they make a note that there was an aftermarket intake installed and use it against me later on if i ever have to bring the car back for an engine related problem"

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. My dealership is generally pretty awesome though....

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i took it in today... we'll see how things go.

i found out that they, (the dealership) will be sending it out to a certified shop to do the job... not their own place.

we'll c how things turn out.

thanks to those who gave input...

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
you should be fine... there is nothing that an intake could really do to a car unless you're running without a filter

but who am i to talk all my maintenance is done by lindsay, they warranty maggie installs:rofl:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got the car back today :highfive: didnt hav to pay a penny... :sweeeeeeeeet:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts