Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new rear end put in my car 200 miles ago, and I had a maggie installed about 100 miles ago and I took my car in to Nabers Cadillac in Costa Mesa to get the shake felt from 10-35 out of my car and they told me to drive my car all the way back to LA where the differential was put on. So I finally decided to have the car towed there and they denied service on my car because of "the wear I am putting on the drivetrain? What do you guys with maggies do about warranty issues? The rear end troubles should all be covered under warranty after seeing the hundreds of cases come back to their plant....

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If you modify the powertrain, they have the option to deny you warranty coverage if they believe the modification contributed to the failure, regardless of how much trouble they have with the differentials.
Take your mods off, then take it to another dealer and they'll have to fix it.
Unless they put a warranty block on it, which they may very well have done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Try another dealer. Explain to them how you were denied service at other places, and would like to start doing your business there. A repeat customer will get more help than someone that just pops in for oil changes every 3k. Even after your warranty runs out the service manager can "Goodwill" your car. It like your car is still under warranty, but it's not. My swervice manager helps people out like that, but he checks there history with the dealer first to see if they are a loyal customer or not. That would be my approach to the situation.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Cadillac probably already put a flag on your car. I'm not going to modify anything that may have something to do with the rear dif. That pretty much includes the whole powertrain.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Therein lies the problem with the maggie. Prolly the only problem, but still.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
I remember how the dealer wouldn't install fix the damaged maf plug because I had the stealth V covers installed. lol morons

I'm kinda scared of putting on a maggie because of tihs.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
CTSVONFIRE said:
Try another dealer. Explain to them how you were denied service at other places, and would like to start doing your business there. A repeat customer will get more help than someone that just pops in for oil changes every 3k. Even after your warranty runs out the service manager can "Goodwill" your car. It like your car is still under warranty, but it's not. My swervice manager helps people out like that, but he checks there history with the dealer first to see if they are a loyal customer or not. That would be my approach to the situation.
Absolutely agree.

That is one of the reasons I like to have most (if not substantially all) of the work done to my car at one dealership--I want to build up some goodwill, which can be very valuable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts