Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my low mileage 2005 XLR in May. As you all know, it's an incredible machine, and in my opinion, one of the most beautiful cars ever designed in the US. I am concerned about the inevitable problems with so many highly sophisticated systems. I have two questions about warranty coverage:

I did not purchase "certification." I definitely will buy the GMPP Major Guard. My questions are:

1) Since the car is covered by the original warranty until 50K, or mid 2009 (and I will have put very few miles on it by that time), is there any reason to purchase an extended warranty now, rather than waiting till the factory coverage is almost over? For some reason, every post I've seen on the subject seems to indicate that most people buy extended coverage as soon as they buy their cars. Why? Doesn't it make more sense to wait, and thus extend the termination date by a year or so?
2) I have gotten on line quotes that are much lower than what the dealer offers. They are usually from the same source, a dealer named Bob Pion, and the website states that he is an authorized dealer and that these are actual GMPP's. Anyone know the scoop? Is this legit?

Would really appreciate some guidance, as I have reason to not take everything my local dealer says as gospel truth. (Surprise!)

thanks

Rob

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You get a huge price break if car has less than 24k on it when you purchase GMPP.

When you transfer GMPP to new buyer, car must have 3 months and 3000 left before end of original GMPP.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
One out of warranty repair on a/c or rear end could cost as much or more than GMPP (if you buy it before 24k miles). When you get ready to sell car, GMPP will be very attractive to potential buyers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts