Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a cat back exhaust void my warranty? How far on MODS can I go and still save my warranty?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
It's possible a dealership could give you grief over it, but only related to issues of that exhaust, nothing else on the car. However if it's just a cat-back I doubt they will. One way to ensure they won't is have them install it. Then they have to warranty their work, but it will almost certainly cost more having them do it. As far as how far you can go is really more a factor of each individual dealership than Cadillac as a whole. What part of the country are you in, state ?

·
Registered
Cadillac
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Columbus, Ohio and the dealer I took it to for a oil change acted like they had never seen one before. I know my BMW M3 was a nightmare to get warranty after I did some mods. I already bought the Magnaflow from that site Hottexhaust.com that everyone talks about here. I am waiting for it to be shipped.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,003 Posts
... As far as how far you can go is really more a factor of each individual dealership than Cadillac as a whole. What part of the country are you in, state ?
:yeah:

I know that ronr had his diff replaced after around 30k miles (I believe that many miles) with a maggie. Just before my maggie install in July, I had my third diff put in with headers, exhaust, etc. Both these were covered under warranty. Prior to that, my previous dealer (btw, whose advertisement I see being displayed at the right side of this screen as I type this :eek:) wouldn't even put the stinkin' GM bushings in under a TSB! So, they (dealers) vary all over the place. MOST, I believe, will and should treat you well.

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
Pretty unlikely since GM offers a cat-back as a dealer installed option. I believe the Corsa was for the 2004-2005 Vs and the 2006-2007 it was Borla. In any case if it's a bolt on aftermarket piece, you'll have less trouble than a internal engine component such as heads and cam mods. I'd say that a cat-back and headers with a CAI and maybe a ported throttle body would be about all I would do, as these mods only make the engine breath better and do not really change the basic characteristics of the LS6 - LS2 such as valve opening and RPM range.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
The dealership here will void the warranty on anything related to the exhaust if its not a GM product, doesn't matter if they put it on or not. I have an anal service department, they will try to void the warranty on the smallest of things.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Exhaust is perfectly fine.. If you start getting in to headers (or anything crazier), you'll probably start having problems.. Again, it's all where you take the car to..

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Exhaust is perfectly fine.. If you start getting in to headers (or anything crazier), you'll probably start having problems.. Again, it's all where you take the car to..
The dealership here will give you problems over a CAI.

·
Registered
Cadillac
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope I don't have a cheezy dealer because it's gotta go on! I also heard that SEEMA has put pressure on dealers to stop these warranty voids for simple stuff. Thanks for the input. But either way I will have a cat back by Friday. They will just have to kiss my [email protected]$!:want:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Will a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]cat back exhaust[/COLOR][/COLOR] void my warranty? How far on MODS can I go and still save my warranty?
It's not the mountains ahead of you that will wear you down it's the pebble in your shoe...:eek:

Mod Hell taketh no prisoners...Find a good reliable shop that will do your work at a reasonable price. Reduce your 401k contribution to 1%, borrow on your current account which you can simply pay back via through your auto paycheck deductions ...Then, do the ultimate sacrifice from Onebadcad's library of tricks.

The ole CZ swap:highfive:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,003 Posts
I hope I don't have a cheezy dealer because it's gotta go on! I also heard that SEEMA has put pressure on dealers to stop these warranty voids for simple stuff. Thanks for the input. But either way I will have a cat back by Friday. They will just have to kiss my [email protected]$!:want:
Chesrown is an hour or less from you. Can't believe they'd give you a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts