Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CTS-V that I aquired with 11k on it. I am nervous about bringing the vehicle in for repairs to a Cadillac Dealer. It's still under warranty, but I spoke with a rep on a few things and they said it "might-not" be covered... I was wondering if anyone had these issues, and if the warranty covered it:

1. "V" Logo on side panels has paint chipping off.
2. Navigation Buttons and volume dials are all worn off to white and flake.
3. Navigation always says "michigan" or something, wrong location.
4. Nav cannot be operated or address put in while driving? Is this right? It pisses me off, My Acura can be entered at all times, with the V, you have to be stopped?

Any help is appreciated.

Also, I have a Corsa Exhaust and Lingenfelter Intake, so I am hoping that it doesnt void anything....

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
The list is relatively common for a V; shouldn't have any issues getting it all fixed under warranty.

4. Yes, one must be stopped. Thank the litigation happy people of the world for that one.

:search:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
#1&2 you may have issues with
#3 is a known issue you need a firmware upgrade, should be covered
#4 is normal

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Hope you have a better dealership than I do. I'm having problems getting a rear diff and they told me it was bad. Now they will not return my phone calls..

·
Registered
CTS-V
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great... the suspensions noises and the nav buttons bother me the most. the firmware can be fixed and I guess i have to deal with the nav inopperative while driving.... it's stupid, I could have the passenger put an address in! It bothers the hell out of me. It's the most complicated nav on top of it.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Peeling / Chipping buttons on the Nav unit is a common problem. The dealership will most likely replace the unit to solve it. That will also probably solve it needing to be Flashed to fix the "michigan" issue as well, two birds with one stone. Your biggest concern at that point will be to tell them to make sure and Tech II the new NAV unit for use in a CTS-V (vs a CTS) so that the car will be able to go back into Competative Driving Mode.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Don't even bother taking your car to the dealer for that.
Luke at Lindsay can sell you the new NAV buttons & Dials.
That's what I did for my faceplate (my buttons were fine).
It's an easy thing to do yourself and you don't need to have the dealer mess with your car and worry about them programming it correctly.

Then get the flash disk from Heavymetals and all your problems are solved. :thumbsup:

I took my 04 in for the "High Oil Temp" reflash and they must have screwed it up bigtime because my car would not start for 5 days and they had to change the Insturment Panel and PCM.
The obviously fried the PCM and/or Insturment-Panel somehow or just replaced stuff needlessly out of desperation.
Scary when you think about it. :eek:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
How did you get the buttons out of the face plate to replace them?

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
How did you get the buttons out of the face plate to replace them?
Once the faceplate is removed the buttons snap in via their hinge posts.
The . Buttons all look the same but there seems to be slight differences in that they can bind if placed in the wrong openings.

The only "special" tool needed is an 1/8" nutdriver to remove the faceplate screws.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
That damn faq again. Is there anything not on there?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts