Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 STS, 33K mi. and hada new set of Turanza LS-H's put on it and I still have some vibes. Firestone shop said I had a loose(worn) outer tie-rod and both the front and rear rotors are a little warped. My question is, are these items covered under warranty? Any help on how to address this with the dealer?

·
Registered
586 Posts
the tie rods maybe be covered. The rotors most likely are not covered. A warenty usually does not cover that parts of the brakes that wear out over time. ie rotors and pads.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Rotors are usually covered under the warranty. It's a judgement call on whether they're replaced or cut. Tie rod ends are covered.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
From the Canadian web site from caddy warrenty
Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program

The first of its kind in the industry, the Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program offers free scheduled maintenance for your Cadillac during the first four years or 80,000 km of ownership - whichever comes first. The program covers the inspection and replacement or other appropriate service of items such as:

Lube/Oil/Filter
Tire Rotation
Air Cleaner Filter
Fuel System Inspection
Throttle Body Cleaning
Brake Pads and Rotors

Furthermore, the program is fully transferable to any subsequent owner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...so I've got to replace the rotors (this is confirmed now). I want to go with an upgraded rotor and pad combo, slotted rotors and low dust pads - so does anyone have a rotor/pad set-up that's working form them?

I'm considering Brembo and ProSlot.

Much abliged,

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 200 SLS also has 33,000 miles on it. Just be sure to also get those tie rod ends checked while you still have warranty coverage. Oneo fmine was replaced only 3 months ago. This was the result of the oft-referred to front end clunk or wandering seen on these forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts