Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk is stuck shut. The mechanism makes a noise when trying to open it but it won't budge. The emergency release does not work either. I did some research and found that the likely cause is probably a broken plastic pushpin end from the trunk carpet that got lodged in the lock. I recall hearing something rattle around in the track when previously opening it and saw a similar issue people posted on the forum.

My car is still under warranty, is this type of work covered?

12,778 Posts
My trunk is stuck shut. The mechanism makes a noise when trying to open it but it won't budge. The emergency release does not work either. I did some research and found that the likely cause is probably a broken plastic pushpin end from the trunk carpet that got lodged in the lock. I recall hearing something rattle around in the track when previously opening it and saw a similar issue people posted on the forum.

My car is still under warranty, is this type of work covered?
Good Evening silver98gtp,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this liftgate concern with your CTS - V, but I am happy to look further into this situation. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, phone number, and the name of your involved dealership if this is of interest. Have a wonderful evening and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts