Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'07 is in shop for warped rear rotor(s)...44000kms..never abused..warranty covered
Will pick it up tomorrow for full report

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
No problem on either truck, heard of people with aftermarket wheels having warping problems, always had problems with my Grand Cherokee's because the brakes were so small, but not with any of my GM products

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Your repair was covered under warranty? Mine was not...... 65,000K. I wonder why not. I just had mine done about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
Your repair was covered under warranty? Mine was not...... 65,000K. I wonder why not. I just had mine done about 2 months ago.
I went to a dealer who I did not buy the truck from and they would not do the repair under warranty. But the dealer I did buy truck from did the work as what they called a "goodwill" repair.

Just curious --- you seeing any other mechanical or internal repair issues at those mileage levels?

Thanks---David

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They resurfaced the rears under warranty and seems good now :)

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Brake pads and rotors are covered for 24,000 miles on many vehicles (various manufact). Tons of Indian and Chinese rotors out there that are warped--from day 1 of ownership.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I was at 30K, some crazy asian chick cut me off doing 10km/h when I was doing 120km/h on a highway. Had to slam on the breaks as hard as I've ever had to in my life...

My rotors became warped that very moment. Took it to dealership, they re-surfaced, did a great job too for free :)

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
DANG... when I took my 07 in ... the dealer told me "we need a $75.00 inspection fee" to evaluate them ..... Told the service guy to KMA! And then gave them total negatives on the GM survey .... payback sucks!

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
The factory rotors for the Escalade are too small for the vehicle. They need to be thicker and larger in diameter for the weight of the vehicle. When you add aftermarket wheels, it only magnifies the problem because of the increase in rotational mass.

We have done a lot of brake system upgrades for this very reason.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

·
Registered
07 Cadillac Escalade EXT
9 Posts
Yeah I've got 40,000K on my 07 EXT (stock 22's) and they are warped pretty good. 40K and needing to resurface them seems pretty weak. Unfortunatly the closest dealer for me is 4 hours away, and with the crappy service I've gotten from them so far, I doubt it would be a warranty job. Anybody recommend a good aftermarket brake kit, or even good aftermarket rotors? I was thinking about the Baer brake kit ($1295/pair) but thats a kick in the n*ts, espically since I have to buy a house in the next month. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade 2007
200 Posts
FWIW when your have your tires rotated make sure they are torqueing the lug nuts to the O/E spec.s, uneven torque on the lug nuts can also cause the rotors to warp.

·
Banned
3,404 Posts
Hello,
We offer OEM size replacement rotors and also upgraded OEM size rotors for the Escalade.

Cross Drilled / Slotted Combo = $415/front set & $310/rear set
Slotted Rotors = $395/front set & $290/rear set

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Yeah I've got 40,000K on my 07 EXT (stock 22's) and they are warped pretty good. 40K and needing to resurface them seems pretty weak. Unfortunatly the closest dealer for me is 4 hours away, and with the crappy service I've gotten from them so far, I doubt it would be a warranty job. Anybody recommend a good aftermarket brake kit, or even good aftermarket rotors? I was thinking about the Baer brake kit ($1295/pair) but thats a kick in the n*ts, espically since I have to buy a house in the next month. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update...
Since I had the rears resurfaced and the noted improvement I decided to have the fronts done also and again a very noticeable improvement.
She's pure smoothness now coming to a stop.

·
Registered
escalade
8 Posts
Hello,
We offer OEM size replacement rotors and also upgraded OEM size rotors for the Escalade.

Cross Drilled / Slotted Combo = $415/front set & $310/rear set
Slotted Rotors = $395/front set & $290/rear set

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
The concept of the rotors/ brakes being undersized for the aftermarket wheels (mine are 24's) makes sense.
Your rotor upgrades can be found where?
And, what caliper upgrades do you recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me thinks a big brake kit would be a plus,,I wonder if Brembo, Wilwood etc make a kit..

·
Banned
3,404 Posts
We have them listed on the website, but it need to be updated.
http://d3cadillac.com/vehicles-Escalade.php#suspensionbrakes

Here is some information....

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

The concept of the rotors/ brakes being undersized for the aftermarket wheels (mine are 24's) makes sense.
Your rotor upgrades can be found where?
And, what caliper upgrades do you recommend?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts