Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have absolutely no desire to take your V to a whole new level of performance!!! Best mod money can buy bar none!!! Thanks Rick for your hard work and dedication!!! I know that you spend hours upon hours testing and tweaking the V to make an already great car even greater!!! Thanks also to Reed!!! I dont know how you do it bro with doing so much for the community and still having a day job much less a girlfriend, but you are the man!!! Thanks also to Barak for allowing us to have a place to be able to flash our PCM's.

Informercial on/

"Before the StealthV tune I was unpopular and no one liked me...but with the help of Rick and StealthV Engineering, chicks now dig me!!! Thanks Rick!!!"

Informercial off/

·
Registered
103 Posts
:burn: I second that Outlaw, my V came to life in the higher rpms! Great seeing everybody sorry I had to leave early for work. Reed and Rick I cant thank you enough :highfive:

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts
I third that. The tune adds a whole new feel to the car. I can feel a ticket coming soon! It was great meeting everyone and I am also sorry I had to get going so quick.

Thanks to Reed for his efforts on setting it up and working so hard, Rick for his mastery of the PCM and to Barak for being the host. :highfive:

Marty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stealth: since your tunes are so popular, any chance you will engineer it to work in an injector of sorts? (a la predator, conforti etc) This way we can buy a box, plug into OBDII, inject the code, and enjoy. If we need to return to stock, we can push a button and , heh, get our service work done. Also, the obvious warm and fuzzy of not having to ship one's ECU cross country - priceless.

Peet

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts
Peet said:
Stealth: since your tunes are so popular, any chance you will engineer it to work in an injector of sorts? (a la predator, conforti etc) This way we can buy a box, plug into OBDII, inject the code, and enjoy. If we need to return to stock, we can push a button and , heh, get our service work done. Also, the obvious warm and fuzzy of not having to ship one's ECU cross country - priceless.
You can buy a spare PCM from Rick (Stealth) with your tune already in it. All you have to do is switch the PCMs (which is a 15 minute job). The cost of the spare PCM might be a little more than an "injector," but you end up with your original PCM not getting reflashed several times per year.

Marty

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
If you get another PCM how do you handle the crankshaft position sensor error code that you will get along with the PITA Check Engine light?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea, so back to my question: stealth: any chance on working an injector? You could even broaden the marketing to expand to standard CTS cars in the same unit with a different unlock code? Or same unit, same guts, different software contents (like predator).

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
With the extremely small market of the CTS-V, an "injector" would be cost prohibitive for me to develop. As for the V6 powered CTS market, the software I use for calibration work only works on LS1, LS6 and the '99+ truck engine derivatives.

The injector is a good idea but I can't justify spending big money that I'd have to borrow to develop one. Show me a sound, well thought-out business case with risk analysis and I'll give it a second thought. :)

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts
CVP33 said:
If you get another PCM how do you handle the crankshaft position sensor error code that you will get along with the PITA Check Engine light?
As Urbanski said, someone with an EFILive kit can do it in about 5 minutes. From what I understand, it only has to be done once to the PCM so that I, er someone, can switch back and forth without the PCM having to relearn the CKP each time. Although, I don't know what Rick did, but no such light appeared upon install. It wasn't until the next day (and about 70 miles of driving) that the EFILive was used.

Slywun said:
I wasn't aware that he sold PCM's as well, they are not on displayed on the site. Any idea how much??
$500 for the PCM.

Marty

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
Rick I tried to PM this to you:
(It's just an idea, that could help both you and your customers out.)

Hey Rick,

I'm going to get an '06 in the next 2-3 weeks and I definitely want one of your tunes. I'll have to get a 2nd PCM in order to do this which shouldn't be a problem. Which got me thinking of a possible additional market for your company.

You currently charge $500 for a PCM while GM parts direct charges:
CORE CHARGE: $100.00
GM LIST: $497.86
OUR PRICE: $248.93 Not really....
+50 for shipping and $100 core =$400 total

If I order the PCM and lets say I pay $400.00 for it. I'll have it flashed to stock CTS-V LS2 specifications and I'll mail it to you. If you would then program it and ship it back I'd then ship the original factory CTS-V LS2 PCM to you. When you recieve it and verify that the part is in perfect condition you would credit my account $200, this essentially makes shipping free. Then you could sell the "used" (not really) PCM for $400. Allowing you to compete with GM parts direct and putting another $200 in your pocket. Basically, you're getting PCM's for $200 under retail pricing.

ME:
New PCM: $400
Shipping: $100
Tune: $350
Total: $850

Send original PCM to StealthV engineering: $200 credit to me

My total cost is $650 and you have a PCM that can be sold at a very competitive price ($400), which actually undercutts GM parts direct by around $3.xx.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Yes, extra PCMs are available if one wishes to go that route. All this information and more is in the calibration FAQ on the website. :cheers:

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
so let me get this straight....i can buy a new pcm, from stealth, and get his tune done all in the same place....take my order...i want one.:highfive:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Since your Pm box is full.......

Rick,

I have a 2k4 V with just a exhaust system and cold air intake. I'm thinking about getting one of your tunes but, I have a few questions to ask you before I jump in on the deal.

Let's say I want to add in some small modifications like headers but, I already got the tune done by you. Would I need to return the pcm back to you? So, you can tune them with the headers? Or is it only necessary when I'm going to do a big upgrade like a Supercharger? Also, how difficult is it to remove/install the pcm? Finally, do you accept paypal?

Thanks,

Gilbert

P.S. I'm thinking about ordering the tune today. I just need you to return me with your info and were good to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts