Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS 3.0L Black Raven/Ebony
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying a 2012 3.0l rwd cts that has 108k's on it , mostly hiway k's. is this alot of k's for a 2012
any other concerns I should have on this vehicle .first Cadillac for me, love the car.

·
Registered
CTS
722 Posts
After buying the car are you comfortable with paying for the repairs that might accompany a high mileage / high content car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a good warranty package [not from dealer] so I'm not to worried about repairs

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,183 Posts
thinking of buying a 2012 3.0l rwd cts that has 108k's on it , mostly hiway k's. is this alot of k's for a 2012
any other concerns I should have on this vehicle .first Cadillac for me, love the car.

I bought a good warranty package [not from dealer] so I'm not to worried about repairs
So what is it, are you thinking of buying or did you buy?

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
A good salesman can sell a warranty for anything....including the vehicle you wish to purchase

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY mistake I should have said that I was going to buy a good warranty package. witch I have looked into. My real concern is the millage on
the car .

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
12's seem to be pretty solid on this forum. I would not worry about it too much. I have not heard of many issues with the 3.0. You have a ton of highway miles I would assume, which could be a good thing

·
Registered
08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium
135 Posts
108k miles is a lot no matter where/how the miles come from (over 3 years), I would verify service records prior to purchase.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 3.6
43 Posts
That is a lot of miles for sure. My 2010 got 15k per year for it's first 3 years, then 30k per year since I bought it, but now that I've bought a motorhome it'll be going back to 15k I expect. As you say, though, with a really good warranty repairs aren't a huge issue - be aware of the deductibles on extended warranties.

·
Registered
08 CTS4 3.6DI
313 Posts
I see you are in Southern Ont, relatively close to me, I'm in Mississauga. First I wouldn't consider anything with 100k on it. I know you get your
share of snow down there, so do yourself a favour and look for AWD. I have an 08 that I bought with 60k on it. Love the AWD in the winter and
the 3.6 has the power if needed. I'm going on 2 years now that I've had and love it. Just regular oil changes and that's been it.

Do yourself a favour...Keep looking!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for your comments, being a hi millage vehicle I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks again

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
605 Posts
Yes 108k is high for a '12. Average is what? 12-15k a year? Could be all highway miles, but IMO you must really love the car to consider it.

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2003 Avey Z66
614 Posts
Gee, I guess I'm not getting my monies worth...my '11 has 28K on it after just shy of 4 years.

·
Registered
Raven black 2012 CTS4 3.0 sedan / 2009 BMW 650i 4.8
20 Posts
Hi Johnnyjo,

How much do they want for it? I have a 12 cts4 with 114K on it......and all chronic problems have been addressed under warranty. Don't have a single problem with it.....not that dangerous to acquire if you have it inspected.
A CTS4 would be way better though....a rear drive in snow and ice is certainly not the ultimate. I'm in Montreal, so.....

Michael

·
Registered
2013 CTS Coupe -AWD
62 Posts
Not sure if you have done anything as yet but... I have a "perfect" Black - AWD 2013 w/only 2k miles (never even seen any rain) that I've been storing. I've decided to make the move into a new C7 Corvette instead, so I'll either be selling or trading it in the next few weeks. If you're interested send me an email @ [email protected] and maybe we can put something together??? Trust me, where you live you'll want AWD! (I have 4-cars so I just never HAD to drive it)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts