Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Looking to upgrade my 09's exhaust.

While I'm at it "thinking" adding headers and modified (sufficient enough to get me thru inspection) cats too. There's a lower pulley upgrade in the future. :yup:

Knowing the Corsa's have low drone technology, having used a set on my 03 C5 Coupe, at idle I thought they sounded boat-like. :crying2: WOT they were nice.

Got to have at minimum 4" tips...:banghead:

So what's the opinions..sound, drone, overall fit and finish and performance increase.

Thanks in advance my fellow V nuts...and keep rock'n those V's!

#2 ·
Youtube has a lot of sound clips. i can't find a good one of the Magnaflow or KPE. The 09+ on Magnaflow's website is terrible.

I like the sounds of the Corsa Touring but it's axle back only and $1100ish. The Magnaflow is catback and I can get it for about $900. I just want to hear a better clip.

Other than that, I am trying to get some answers as well.

#8 ·
Is that what you are running, and did you get it from one of the vendors on here?
Reason that I am asking is that I just brought up Magnaflows site and they have a "Performance Exhaust System" listed for our cars (it looks like) at a whopping $1638. And I could not find a detailed description of what it contained. And every Magnaflow system that I have ever heard is way louder than what I think I would like on either a turbo Buick or a Cad. They do sound kool on Ford trucks, and a few other trucks.

#14 ·
Gary - I guess you're not interested in W4M's B&B exhaust group-buy, eh? There is a video/sound-clip of a cts-v1 B&B exhaust that I posted in that thread that sounds pretty good to me, (as in not too loud - but sporty, befitting a car like the V2). If the B&B exhaust for the V2 sounds that good, and there are no interior drones - I'll pick up one of those.

"Razorecho", has already received his copy of that exhaust, and has said that he will try to make a video/sound-clip soon. You may want to check that exhaust out if you haven't done so already ...

Rob

G
#16 ·
I like that... and you are saying this is a complete cat back (and not just from the axle back - which is just mufflers and tips) for less than $875? If that is the case, who has these that I can buy from??

#18 ·
I'm considering a more stealthy approach. I have the factory manifolds/mid pipes with single cats per side off my Z06 Corvette, they are also used on the ZR1. They flow much better than our stock manifolds and have 3" pipes. Custom build a 3" X pipe and connect to the factory mufflers should be a bit louder and have no drone. Comments?

#28 ·
Can you post pictures of those? If they are indeed like the LS9's, the outlets are "centered," so quite a bit forwards from the LSA's...are you sure they'd fit?

#21 ·
I am having Kooks headers installed today with my stock mufflers. I currently have a custom 3" stainless cat back exhaust with an x-pipe going back to Vibrant Super Quiet "mufflers" (resonators) and out 4" round stainless tips. It cost me $1,050. I didn't realize at the time that the Kooks headers come with an x-pipe and pretty much runs all the way back. If anyone is interested in the cat back, let me know.

Tom

#24 ·
Tom:
I am planning / considering doing the same thing as far as Kooks all the way back to the factory muffs. I would be very interested in hearing your impressions when they are installed.
I've heard this set-up before and I like it. Reasonably quiet until you step on the loud pedal. Most people other than Cad CTS-V buffs wouldn't know the set-up from factory until you step in it a little.

#23 ·
Wow the Kooks entire system from headers to tips sound crazy good.

(Had Kooks Headers oin the Z06 and loved them. I didn't know they had the entire kit and kabootle for the 2nd gen V. Just hope the tips are 4" and are of high high quality in the appearance dept.)

Anybody running the Kooks entire system?

#31 ·
I have three B&B kits left here after shipping the other orders out for those that dont want to wait, they would ship out today. :)

#32 ·
Looks like I am in the minority with my Borla Sport cat-back exhaust. My V sounds like a true Muscle car with the perfect amount of exhaust note. Not too quiet and not too loud. My V is just right. I highly recommend the Borla system and it is in production as we speak. We have sold almost 10 Borla systems since they were released.

#33 ·
You mentioned the Borla Sport system is "in production as we speak".

Does that mean you were able to get in on a pre-production unit? If so, do you have access to a sound clip or know where I can go to hear this particular setup?

So far the combo of: Kooks Headers, merge collectors, high flow cats, supplemental racing mufflers and Corsa Touring is being considered.

#34 ·
Yes, that is correct! The Borla kit has been out for a couple months now and we have sold quite a few of them. Borla used my V to make the 09-10 CTS-V system, but the system I have on my car right now is the production unit. I had a prototype on my car back a few months ago. I haven't made new sound clips, but the current system is a tad bit quieter than the video we posted on youtube. It was way too loud inside the car and a bit too loud outside the car, so Borla re-made the system so it would be quieter inside and a bit quieter outside. My car sounds perfect! I would highly recommend it.

#37 ·
I agree! I don't want to see some words. I want to hear something that will help me decide what I want to spend my $$$ on. Short of hearing all the options in person the only way the retailers will be able to sell their exhaust products is to post sound clips. And so far VERY few have done that. I don't get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.