Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my 09's exhaust.

While I'm at it "thinking" adding headers and modified (sufficient enough to get me thru inspection) cats too. There's a lower pulley upgrade in the future. :yup:

Knowing the Corsa's have low drone technology, having used a set on my 03 C5 Coupe, at idle I thought they sounded boat-like. :crying2: WOT they were nice.

Got to have at minimum 4" tips...:banghead:

So what's the opinions..sound, drone, overall fit and finish and performance increase.

Thanks in advance my fellow V nuts...and keep rock'n those V's!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Youtube has a lot of sound clips. i can't find a good one of the Magnaflow or KPE. The 09+ on Magnaflow's website is terrible.

I like the sounds of the Corsa Touring but it's axle back only and $1100ish. The Magnaflow is catback and I can get it for about $900. I just want to hear a better clip.

Other than that, I am trying to get some answers as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the magnaflow cat back fits like a glove and the sound is awesome!!!!
you can get it from vendors on here for WAY UNDER $875 ........fyi

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
the magnaflow cat back fits like a glove and the sound is awesome!!!!
you can get it from vendors on here for WAY UNDER $875 ........fyi
Is that what you are running, and did you get it from one of the vendors on here?
Reason that I am asking is that I just brought up Magnaflows site and they have a "Performance Exhaust System" listed for our cars (it looks like) at a whopping $1638. And I could not find a detailed description of what it contained. And every Magnaflow system that I have ever heard is way louder than what I think I would like on either a turbo Buick or a Cad. They do sound kool on Ford trucks, and a few other trucks.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I am planning on going Kooks Jet-Hot ceramic coated headers complete back to the factory muffs. Evidently I am of the opinion that Cadillacs, even quick and / or fast ones, should walk softly and carry a very big stick.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is that what you are running, and did you get it from one of the vendors on here?
Reason that I am asking is that I just brought up Magnaflows site and they have a "Performance Exhaust System" listed for our cars (it looks like) at a whopping $1638. And I could not find a detailed description of what it contained. And every Magnaflow system that I have ever heard is way louder than what I think I would like on either a turbo Buick or a Cad. They do sound kool on Ford trucks, and a few other trucks.
yeah magnaflows site says retail is 1600...... hahahahhaha yea got it from vendor here- its the wifes car and daily driver and she LOVES IT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah magnaflows site says retail is 1600...... hahahahhaha yea got it from vendor here- its the wifes car and daily driver and she LOVES IT!!!!!!!
Is there anyway you could shoot a good audio clip of your exhaust? I really think that is the way I want to go but would like to get a good sound clip. Maybe one from inside the cab at about 60-65?

It would be greatly appreciated by several people on here.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I am planning on going Kooks Jet-Hot ceramic coated headers complete back to the factory muffs. Evidently I am of the opinion that Cadillacs, even quick and / or fast ones, should walk softly and carry a very big stick.
Gary - I guess you're not interested in W4M's B&B exhaust group-buy, eh? There is a video/sound-clip of a cts-v1 B&B exhaust that I posted in that thread that sounds pretty good to me, (as in not too loud - but sporty, befitting a car like the V2). If the B&B exhaust for the V2 sounds that good, and there are no interior drones - I'll pick up one of those.

"Razorecho", has already received his copy of that exhaust, and has said that he will try to make a video/sound-clip soon. You may want to check that exhaust out if you haven't done so already ...

Rob

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Appreciate the info, Rob, but I want the power gain from headers primarily, and the tone is secondary. Now if I lived in Indiana, and had Jesse doing my car, things might be different.

C

·
0 Posts

thats all i got --- sounds better in person..... hope it helps
I like that... and you are saying this is a complete cat back (and not just from the axle back - which is just mufflers and tips) for less than $875? If that is the case, who has these that I can buy from??

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like that... and you are saying this is a complete cat back (and not just from the axle back - which is just mufflers and tips) for less than $875? If that is the case, who has these that I can buy from??
stock system is cut 11" after 2nd cats .............new x pipe-dr/pass side pipes- rear mufflers with 4" tips system is 2.5 @ xpipe and then 3" the rest of the way

it took longer to cut and remove old system then install magnaflow

Sorry sound sucks from black berry video!!

CUB CADET-- clear PM's

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm considering a more stealthy approach. I have the factory manifolds/mid pipes with single cats per side off my Z06 Corvette, they are also used on the ZR1. They flow much better than our stock manifolds and have 3" pipes. Custom build a 3" X pipe and connect to the factory mufflers should be a bit louder and have no drone. Comments?

·
Registered
119 Posts
LAWNSTRIPES

Thank you very much for the vids. I will probably get this one but I will check the vids of the BB exhaust now that there are others up. I like the fit and finish of Magnaflow but the B&B removes the restriction that is further up stream.

Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
243 Posts
LAWNSTRIPES

Thank you very much for the vids. I will probably get this one but I will check the vids of the BB exhaust now that there are others up. I like the fit and finish of Magnaflow but the B&B removes the restriction that is further up stream.

Decisions, decisions.
i didnt think the B&B was any different (dont hold me to it) thought it was right after the cats as well?

I do HATE the dr side 'crushed' pipe

1 - 20 of 48 Posts