Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 SLS and would like to replace the shocks. Do not want to go the $600/each route. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Well George, I think you can get passive struts for that car! I'm not positive. But I'm thinking KYB makes them.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You can get passive struts, and they are about 600 for all of them, if not less. I am not sure where they can be found, try doing a search on the internet. It is funny though, if you goto a dealer, some say the make them (and offer them) and others say there is no such thing!!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I have heard, NO. I cant tell you from experience, but i wouldnt think there would be much. If you took a stock SLS and a SLS with passive struts you wouldnt be able to tell.

Doesnt the SLS have passive struts anyway?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The STS has the RSS, and TMK the SLS doesnt have the RSS and has passive struts.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have KYB passive struts on my Seville. I think the ride and handling improved when I put them on, The car seems more sure of itself in the twisties!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Anyone that has a base deville or STS can put on passive struts. The dealers may tell you they dont exist, but they do. I am pretty sure that the same struts are used for the deville and seville.

·
Registered
319 Posts
These may work on a 94

Passive Struts
#22189458 Rear
#22189452 Front

They did not fit on my 97 sts as the strut to knuckle bolt locations were different by ~1/4".

Check out this link

http://users.adelphia.net/~johnsons/index.html

This should help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
maydog