Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not interested in trying to remove them, so whipped up this to cover them. Will print it on adhesive backed vinyl.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
I know on the V1 goof-off was the only thing that worked to remove it so I've been contemplating on trying it. It wasn't easy but with a lot of elbow grease it came off. I noticed it's seems to peel better than on the V1 however the material behind it seems to be cloth rather than vinyl so I was scared to try it.

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
I think you could sell these if you'd make one for the sedan-(the silouette)-as well, and make it generic by wiping out the build date. You'd have a buyer here...

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'll do up a sedan silhouette, see how you like it. I can customize what each one says(to a point).

It would be a big help if someone would post a straight on side shot of a sedan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Raven CTS-V Coupe
248 Posts
I removed mine the day i took delivery of the car. It takes about an hour to remove them and any traces of the adhesive that held them there. These came off a little differently than the ones off the vinyl visors on my 2004 V.

·
Registered
2011 Raven CTS-V Coupe
248 Posts
Sorry about the thread jacking... The reason I know how to remove them is because I screwed mine up the day I bought the car. A tiny corner of the driver's side label was peeled and hanging when i took delivery, and I didn't notice it until I was most of the way home. Like an idiot, I pulled on the corner and tore half the label off, leaving a huge mess that made me feel like vomiting. That evening I went after the label with some goof off, and that product took off the rest of the label and about 80% of the adhesive, but nothing more. At this point I started to panic a little and I had to walk away and think. I finally decided to try something in hopes that it would work, but I was also prepared to buy a new visor if I screwed this one up too badly. The next thing I decided to try was fine grit sandpaper. Seemed ridiculous at the time, but i was surprised to find that the sandpaper perfectly removed the rest of the adhesive and left the sanded area with a nice suede-like finish, just like the steering wheel. I ended up lightly sanding the fabric on the rest of the visor surface to even out the texture, and once that was finished, the visor looked like it might have come that way from the factory. Different texture, but the same color as the original.

The first one took an hour, and the second one took 20 minutes. I love how they look. Entirely unnoticeable and blended perfectly with my steering wheel and shifter, just like they should/could have come from the factory.

Let me know if you want pictures.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
if it works let me know. I'll need to find out my build date, but would love to do what you did. It's pretty cool IMO.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts