Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. Right now I am running a completely stock system.. well i took out the disc changer and put in a flip out/dvd player and added headrest monitors but the headunit is stock and so are the speakers.. I like to have my music LOUD.. but when i turn up the radio it just doesnt do it for me anymore.. some songs are ok but it just doesnt seem to do my car justice.. i thought about just doing a headunit upgrade as i heard that will allow for more adjustments but just wondeirng what you guys reccommend.. will a simple speaker swap do the car any better? I like the factory headunit but will change if it will help.. Any speaker reccomendations? Do I need a seperate amp? Thanks for any input..

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
My anecdotal observation is that the HU "washes out" the bass when you turn up the volume. I had a fosgate 500 watt amp pushing a 12'' crossfire bmf sub and the bass sounded great until I turned the volume up. Volume up = no bass. Want to get serious about good sound? Change the HU. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like bass but to be honest bass is not my major concern.. With my Durango that I had before the EXT I swapped the speakers and headunit and amps and all and I loved it.. I was able to blast the radio and it was loud.. inside and out.. however on the EXT the radio gets a little loud inside but outside its like the radio is barely turned up.. now i know the point is not to have music outside but its not to roll up and have it loud... maybe just a simple upgrade in speakers will help this but im thinking im gonna have to add more power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts