Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 98 sts on ebay. Would like to update interior with better floor mats and thought someone would know how to find them. I could prob even use flood damage mats from New orleans since they'll clean up. New to forum, hello to users.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
Welcome! I have seen a lot of nice one's on ebaY, you can start there. I remember a member here having bought some for his car and they looked very good. Had the Cadillac Emblem embroidered on the mats. If you search this forum you might come across his post. Good luck! Glad to have you on-board!

David

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
WELCOME....
I got mine from US speed (look to left or right). Ad around here somewhere.
Here's a pic of mine. (when I first got them, thought the caddy sig was way too big, but the ETC made up for it)...

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk
1,158 Posts
97Cherry wat color were the mats (the code on USSPEEd)I am going to order mine soon. BTW I have mats that color laying in my room but for a ETC in decent condition if your interested.

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
golly, I have no idea..I'll have to research that one my friend...
some brown color?

hahahahah

sorry, trying to keep self smiling today...I'll see what I can find.

kp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
US Speed is a great mat. I have those. Super nice. I'm not at home, but I'll post pictures later if you're interested. My mats are obviously similar to Cherry's, but my interior is black.

Thus, My mat is black, with a GOLD Cadillac Emblem, not Silver Like Cherry's, and instead of the ETC script beneath the emblem, I have the "Cadillac" Script, in gold thread also.

Looks fabulous. By the way, your thread colors, logo, scripts... that's all selectable by YOU, so you can pick whatever you like.

I think it was usspeed.com.....

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Those mats from US Speed are nice looking. I am probably going to get some in the future. But you can get the factory ones from the dealer. They will run about $80.00 for the set. You can also get them through www.gmpartsdirect.com, and will save some $ too. If you use them, be patient, as shipping tales a few weeks. Congrats on your new car. Enjoy

Don

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
Oohh...I just remember a beef I had.
Those mats (hopefully they have better options now) ask/require you to screw some goofy 'hooks' (eyehook) into your carpet...I did not do this...
I have to adjust the driver side all the time.
But why not have the 'pokey/needle things' like my stock mats had, to keep them in place?
The ones you see on cherry, have goofy holes for said 'hooks' to hold on to.
Did anyone actually screw that into your carpet? :confused:

Screw that...I just put um down, take um out when weather turns. (I still have factory mats, and drivers side ETC mat in truck)

ALSO, the scripted 'cadillac' is super nice...like I say "I" was abit disappointed by the GIANT SIZE of the emblem....but...I got over it.

·
Registered
03 CTS-White Diamond
348 Posts
Patrick7997 said:
US Speed is a great mat. I have those. Super nice. I'm not at home, but I'll post pictures later if you're interested. My mats are obviously similar to Cherry's, but my interior is black.

Thus, My mat is black, with a GOLD Cadillac Emblem, not Silver Like Cherry's, and instead of the ETC script beneath the emblem, I have the "Cadillac" Script, in gold thread also.

Looks fabulous. By the way, your thread colors, logo, scripts... that's all selectable by YOU, so you can pick whatever you like.

I think it was usspeed.com.....
I'm interested Patrick, send them when you can.(photos of your mats, I mean)...kp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the replies. I looked at US Speed too but wasn't sure if they had the exact color match. I have that same interior color as 97 cherry -somewhere between taupe and tan.

How about this additional fact. I had a '99 Red STS on a lease back in 99 but didn't buy it. So, for fun I bought one on eBay out of Houston (I'm in Ohio) with 84,000 miles. I have a warranty company willing to sell me what looks to be a pretty good warranty, 37 months or 37,000 miles for about $1000. Sounds like a deal because I know the '98's can be prone to certain problems. Agree?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,623 Posts
97cherry said:
Oohh...I just remember a beef I had.
Those mats (hopefully they have better options now) ask/require you to screw some goofy 'hooks' (eyehook) into your carpet...I did not do this...
I have to adjust the driver side all the time.
But why not have the 'pokey/needle things' like my stock mats had, to keep them in place?
The ones you see on cherry, have goofy holes for said 'hooks' to hold on to.
Did anyone actually screw that into your carpet? :confused:

Screw that...I just put um down, take um out when weather turns. (I still have factory mats, and drivers side ETC mat in truck)

Cherry,
Get a tube of clear 100% silicone caulk. Squirt 1/2 the tube on the back of each mat. Then with a brown throw away work glove, spead it around til you cover the back fully with an even coat. Let it dry (outside, as it has a very strong vinager smell). I would bet that will minimize, if not stop the shifting of the mats.

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
ranuve said:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the replies. I looked at US Speed too but wasn't sure if they had the exact color match.
I phoned US Speed and explained I wasn't entire certain which of the colors on their web site was the right one for me. They immediately volunteered to mail me some samples free of charge. It was no problem choosing the correct color!

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
These are my mats.... pictures aren't the greatest, sorry about that. It's been pouring rain here... would have been better out in daylight, obviously, but....

By the way, I did NOT use the hooks... and mine stay put just fine.... 97cherry, it's not neccessary to jump in the car like Starsky & Hutch, just calmly get in..... sorry, just kidding! Ranger's tip actually sounds like it would work. I might add that you're not gluing the mat to the car... you are letting it dry completely, and THEN putting the mat back in the car. The dry silicone would give it some traction, though.... as usual, a great tip from The Mighty Ranger....

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado ETC
31 Posts
I bought mats for my 98 ETC from us speed as well. The color of Cherry's interior looks pretty similar to mine. I think the Us Speed code was 670 neutral.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,623 Posts
Thanks Patrick, I sure hope nobody thought I meant to permanently glue them in place.:histeric:

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
I'm happy with my US Speed mats.

My only complaint was I called in my order so I could specify no eyelets or hooks ... assured this was duly noted, mats were shipped, cleared customs with a $35 charge ... you guessed it, my mats were shipped with the eyelets.

I sent US Speed a friendly email, suggesting they pay close attention to custom orders, and received no response back.

I ended up screwing those dumb plastic knobs into my carpet, because the holes looked empty ... sure wish US Speed had sent me my requested order, or at least acknowledged my email with an apology.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk
1,158 Posts
Patrick, why do you have the new Cadillac logo on the mats?? But yes I recieved my samples it is 670

·
Registered
2002 ETC
107 Posts
I ordered from USSPEED also. My 02 is the same color combo as 97Cherry's. They told me to order Shale. The color matches the stock mats. I had them embroider the driver mat with Uncle (in wine thread) and the passenger with Luie. They look great, but I was expecting them to be slightly heavier. The ones I had ordered for my 93 Fleetwood were really heavy, but 13 years later I can't remember who did them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts