·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Looks nice.... Almost exactly like one my grandparents use to have.....

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
katshot, EXACTLY what I was thinking. It looks to me like it's been armored in the rear or something. The rear of the roof has definately been "worked" ~ by whom, I have no clue. Unusual nice car, but I fear that there's more than meets the eye, here! :helpless:

·
Registered
135 Posts
That is a very nice car but I too have to say that the roof is not of good taste. I have no clue what they were trying to do.. Looks like a funeral car to me... Probably was, just not a limo... A very nice car otherwise and for rare occasion its not a 5.0! Overall, it looks like another real nice car for near dirt.... Cadillacs and resale....:(

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I believe there were WAY more 5.7's bought than 5.0's but I don't have any FACTS to back up my statement. The problem with a roof modification like that is that IF it actually adds head room to the car, that means the roof was cut. If that's the case, you have a major structural change that MAY or MAY NOT have been performed by a reputable aftermarket modifier, and THAT could mean BIG PROBLEMS. If it does not offer a higher interior roof line, then it is just a fiber glass cap with new vinyl top, and that means nothing more than a "looks only" change that could be changed back fairly easily.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes ther are more 5.7s, but the reason there are usually more nice 5.0's for sale its the same analogy that only ugly cars with nasty colors survive. Just like there are more low mile HT4100 cars for sale than any other cadillacs. Not because there were not others produced, but the enjoyable cars were used up and the cars that the average person could not tolerate to drive were left sitting, only to come out years later with no miles and to be called collectors items. Not many people buy cadillacs to put them up for the future, its just by chance, and the chanced of the undesirable car surviving are way higher than the ones that everyone wants.

Katshot said:
I believe there were WAY more 5.7's bought than 5.0's but I don't have any FACTS to back up my statement. The problem with a roof modification like that is that IF it actually adds head room to the car, that means the roof was cut. If that's the case, you have a major structural change that MAY or MAY NOT have been performed by a reputable aftermarket modifier, and THAT could mean BIG PROBLEMS. If it does not offer a higher interior roof line, then it is just a fiber glass cap with new vinyl top, and that means nothing more than a "looks only" change that could be changed back fairly easily.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
My dad had a fleetwood with seats like that, every one in a while one of theose button caps would pop up and sting you in the ass, me being like 12-13 at the time........i thought it was hysterical.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Hey Katshot? Seeing how you in the Limo business maybe you can help me out on where I can get that rear window shade that car has.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brett said:
My dad had a fleetwood with seats like that, every one in a while one of theose button caps would pop up and sting you in the ass, me being like 12-13 at the time........i thought it was hysterical.
That's hilarious!!!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I've seen more 5L ones then 5.7L ones. And not many ones that are a D'Elegance with the 5.7L. It's asif the people who own them don't want to sell them and don't drive them. Then again other then my own and a junk yard one I got a part off it's been about a month now since I've even seen a 90s one at all! :eek:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I didn't realize the roof until it was mentioned....now that I see it, it makes the whole car look alot like my grandfathers old '87 Town Car (the boxy Ford Chassis)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I remember them being not as comfy as they look..... The buttons sorta mess things up!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Mine's a D'Elegance but has the cloth interior instead of leather. On it they're as comfy as they look. People keep telling me the leather like that is harder tho.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
The leather button seats like in that pic aren't bad, they're just not as comfortable as one would expect. The velour seats with 3 big buttons in my 78 FW Brougham (also d'Elegance) are better.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
All my cars have cushion seats. People say they have no support, but even after a long trip they still feel comfy. I like the way the buttony seats look better, but at the same time I like how loose the ones like yours look.

I test drove another '91 Brougham before that had leather but it was just the regular Brougham. It's seats were actually pretty comfy too but I just couldn't get over that ribbed look :disappoin

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really like that roofline. It's the same as on the 86-and-on Presidential limousines. And I want a sunshade like that on my Fleetwood!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts