Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since y'all are "car guys", thought you might get a kick out of my current hobby. I grew up in 1950s in Highland Park, Michigan (middle of Detroit and home of FoMoCo first production line plant). The main drag through Detroit is Woodward Avenue. All of us spent Friday and Saturday nights cruising & dragging out Woodward between 10 Mile and 18 mile roads. The Totem Pole was a drive in at 10 mile. It was cars, girls, burgers & music. All of that nostalgia has come home with the Woodward Dream Cruise every August which attracts 40,000 cars & roughly a million (no joke) spectators. A year or two back I found the painting of Woodward & Totem Pole you will see in middle of my pix below. Seeing that got me going on a wall display with cars & bikes I've owned over the years around the painting (except for Vincent Black Shadow). then I discovered the Danbury & Franklin Mint 1/24 scale cars and 1/24 figures. Then I discovered the 1/24 scale flashing neon signs you see including (left to right) Shell, Route 66, Good Humor,Diner, Shell again, and Big Boy. Been fun.

Cars: L to R: 1961 Thunderbird, 1940 Custom Ford Coupe, 1967 Triumph Bonneville, 1956 T-Bird, 1958 Bonneville vert, 1957 Vette, 1949 Mercury "lead sled", and 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (from American Graffiti).

Wall of Wheels 2-1-15 004.JPG

Wall of Wheels 2-1-15 001.JPG

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
Memories can often improve the present.
That was a good read and pictures.
Thank's

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI F3 Sport Suspension
200 Posts
I Love the pictures, I used to work in Pontiac, Michigan years ago, and can remember the Hot Rods and old cars driving on Woodward Ave. I can also remember the old billboard signs with MoTown records, I think people working on old cars is coming back again, as there are so many TV programs about doing just that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts