Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always like the looks but couldn;t get over the fact its packs (packed?) a 4 cylinder engine for a 'supercar'.....if I;m not mistake.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
With the gearbox from a Renault 25.

Now doesnt that make you feel better
:helpless: :eek:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On TopGear they discussed the top 160 most satisfying cars you can own as voted by 75000 owners. I think they said 10 out of the 13 LEAST satisfying cars on the list were French......go figure ;-)

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
The Esprit was in production for a very long time and subject to constant improvement. While other "hyper-exotics" got much more expensive, Lotus still offered a bargain considering what the car was. The twin turbo V8 may be the best of the bunch but I'll still take a early '90's Turbo over it. After all, if it was good enough for James Bond it is good enough for me.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
2004 was the final year for the normal model. There was a single model Collector's Edition for 2005 that was sold out 45 days after being released.

It was always a car that I lusted for! Ahhh, to be different from the masses!
To drive a Maserati Quatroporte instead of a Benz S-Class, an Infiniti Q instead of a Lexus LS, an Imperial instead of a Cadillac, an Audi S8 instead of a BMW 7 series, a Saab 9.5 AERO instead of a Volvo S-60, I just love driving & doing the "other" ~ whatever is the "other' to the masses ~~
YES, LOTUS ~ all the way!

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
I actually had the opportunity to buy one of the Lotus' in 93. It was that or the Corvette - I chose the Corvette. Wasn't quite sure where I was gonna find someone to work on a Lotus where I lived (Oklahoma). I can find a Chevrolet dealer anywhere :)

One thing about "exotics" is they require exotic maintenance and parts.

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Whoever stuck the wing on needs to be drawn and quartered...

In the late 60's I had a chance to take a couple of rides in a different Lotus product. I don't remember all the details, but the Lotus Europa seemed to me something like a rocket sled with doors. It cornered like it was on rails and the brakes would separate your retinas... and all from a 4 banger.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Yeah but that particular aluminum billet-style wing looks ricey to me. A nice matching 'glass or composite unit would look much better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts