Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the tune from wait4me for my '09. The transmission tune does wonders for the responsiveness of the car. I would highly recommend it to anyone who would like a little more reaction when you pop the throttle.

I just got off the dyno here and it looks like the engine picked up 26 hp. I am very pleased with that also. Ambient temps here are 7-10 degrees warmer today than on my baseline run and I believe humidity is also less favorable today.

Nice work Jess

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V
8 Posts
Is this like a mail-order Flash tune ??. you send in your ECU for a flash..

Or did you get a custom Dyno tune ??..

What kinda engine management was used ??..

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He told me 30hp... so it got pretty close to my expectations.

I ordered the programer. He will do an ECU swap but it wont include the transmission tune.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
I believe he will write a tune for the mods you have, or intend to have, (and maybe one for no mods at all ..). Hp gains will depend on which tune/mods are applicable is my understanding.

Rob

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
Sorry for asking, but is 30HP worth the risk of a possible void on your warranty? I've heard horror
stories on the Z06 board of GM really cracking down on anything that is non stock. Can you feel
a 30HP gain?

I understand that even if you flash back to stock, that GM can tell if any reprogramming has been
done.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
With my programmer, it dont leave a footprint. That is what took it so long to be ready for you guys.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Also, it isnt just the horsepower gain.

It is cooler running engine, for less underhood temps, and cooler air for the intercooler.
It is better shift algorithms for cooler operating temps and less slip.
It is more accurate for knock than the factory program, so it catches a knock event alot earlier than the stock cal.
Learns between fuel quality faster and will adjust itself between a few tables faster to allow the max safe amount of timing. This is why some people may see less than stock hp or the same, as the ecm can back itself down via timing if it thinks it will cause knock.. It all boils down to fuel quality.

Also another benefit is a slightly higher rev limit and shift schedule. So for each shift you will now be at peak torque at wot for alot better quarter mile times..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think that the best way to measure Jessie's tunes are probably SOTP and the quarter mile, not peak numbers.

If you have an auto, like I do, altering the torque management software makes a big, real world difference.

He did a tune on my escalade and it was a very noticeable difference.

I can't wait to get home and install his program and CAI on my V.

If I have the time, I will do before and after dynos and see what I get.

I would really like to see the increase under the curve, not just the peak numbers. Anyone know if a dyno can quantify the area under the curve?

Mike C

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
I understand with an auto, how does it affect a stick? I am leary, I once took my 98 Camaro SS,
for a "special" dyno tune. I spent $500 and gained 6HP. Whoopee! I know the factory puts in a
safe tune that can be modified for performance. What are the downsides to changing the factory
set up?

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
No real downsides since his tune doesn't leave a footprint.
As for the stick only the ECM program applies. He change a/f ratio to be around 11.6 which is perfect for blowers (more power), as he mentioned,applies the correct spark curve,fans on sooner etc... also, there is torque management in the ecu as well. as soon as you depress the clutch, factory tune cuts timing between shifts for tranny longevity. you will still pick up somewhere around the advertised hp increase. SOTP it is an amazing difference.

Mark

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
I understand with an auto, how does it affect a stick? I am leary, I once took my 98 Camaro SS,
for a "special" dyno tune. I spent $500 and gained 6HP. Whoopee! I know the factory puts in a
safe tune that can be modified for performance. What are the downsides to changing the factory
set up?
Some people are getting up to ~50 rwhp from a tune. Trust me, I've seen it...

A tune is one of the best bang-for-the-buck mods you can possibly do in my opinion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is the torque management removed for the stick with the tune? I'm sure it contributes to the smoothness in shifting etc. I can't even get this thing to buck in a lower gear at low speeds when lifting then depressing the gas it's just smooth. One thing I'm not fond of is the lack of engine braking when decelerating especially in a lower gear certainly not like my 05. The Stealth tune I had for the 05 let fans run for 2 minutes when the car was shut off. Does wait4me's tune allow for the same option?

·
Registered
Cadillac
69 Posts
any gas mileage difference with the tune? I didn't buy it to sip gas, just curious.

Also, I understand it doesn't have a footprint, but when taken to a dealer for service, will they be reseting things when I don't know about it? So am I to expect to continuously re-tune?

Tuning novice here, please forgive me.

Chris

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any gas mileage difference with the tune? I didn't buy it to sip gas, just curious.

Also, I understand it doesn't have a footprint, but when taken to a dealer for service, will they be reseting things when I don't know about it? So am I to expect to continuously re-tune?

Tuning novice here, please forgive me.

Chris
Not sure about the gas mileage, I should have taken note of what it was prior to the change.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV Platinum 2009 CTS V on order
5 Posts
Excuse the novice here please. Is the tune available to be sold to me here in Canada? Do I just plug it into the OBD II keep the original program then reset it when it goes to the dealer for service? I am thinking of the cold air induction upgrade and some sort ofexhaust upgrade - does this have to be included in the info when ordering?

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
The tuner saves a copy of the original tune in memory so you can return to it at anytime. To be on the safe side, anytime I take car to dealer for warranty work, I will put stock tune back in incase they try to flash the ecm with updates. It only takes 15 minutes. plug tuner into OBD II port and follow the instructions. So easy a caveman could do it :)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I can send updates via email shortly. So when you make mods, I can set up different things and tweeks.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts