1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I would post up a new thread when they got it workng. Well,,,,,
IT'S WORKING!!!!!:thumbsup::bouncy::thumbsup::bouncy:

It does program the ECU (engine)and TCU (transmission)

Successfully uploaded stock tune and downloaded the race tune-max trans. Of course I went right to the biggest power and most aggressive trans tune.

It is still learning and getting stronger and stronger. Trans tune is pretty damn nice. the shifts are right where you think they should be and snap into gear with each shift.

I know I am not posting much info yet but I just got it working 20 minutes ago so alot of playing today is to come.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Good to hear y'all got the kinks worked out. I look forward to your follow on reports.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac sts-v
44 Posts
O_O

LITTLEELVISDAN

any idea on how i could get my hands on 1 of those ?

hand help for both engine and trans, thats sweet

o and what hp increase u see on your car?

·
Registered
04 SRX AWD N* 06 STS-V N*
21 Posts
Thanks for your patience with this LITTLEELVISDAN. I am looking forward to your findings. I just picked up an 06 stealth grey last Tuesday and I am trying to figure out what mods I want to do. I lean more on the side of more power, tq and rumble. Keep us posted, as I know you will!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damnit!!! Here go my tires and gas milage.....:) I keep getting a 5.1 0-60. If I could only hook up in first gear I know mid to high 4's is possible. With TC off and in sport shift mode all I get is wheel spin all the way through 1st gear. even rolling into 1st gives me wheel spin. Launching the beast is going to be the challenge now.

It pulls damn hard all the way through each gear.

I hear less blower and more engine now even with the barrel remove mod.

The best way to describe pedal feel now is before you would haveto give the gas pedal a pretty good push off the line to get the car moving. Now you tap the pedal and it starts moving.. I would guess 50% less gas pedal to get the same result. So if you were going half throttle to get out of your own way now it takes 1/4 pedal.

Still playin so more to come.

Bob, You get yours working?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O_O

LITTLEELVISDAN

any idea on how i could get my hands on 1 of those ?

hand help for both engine and trans, thats sweet

o and what hp increase u see on your car?
Give Jess a call at Wait4Me performance... I don't know about actual dyno numbers yet. I can compare it to my custom dyno tune which yielded 390 rwhp 360 tq. This tune (handheld) seems to pull much harder all the way around with much less effort.

Total GUESS seat of the pants dyno comparison it has to be right at the 400 rwhp 380 tq mark. After a real dyno we will see if I am right.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have read that. I'll just reload the stock tune 11 times if I think it will be an issue. Besides they only do this if they suspect the reported problem is doe directly to a modified PCM. A wheel berring replacement isn't going to trigger a PCM investigation.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I have read that. I'll just reload the stock tune 11 times if I think it will be an issue. Besides they only do this if they suspect the reported problem is doe directly to a modified PCM. A wheel berring replacement isn't going to trigger a PCM investigation.
Yeah by that read it's engine, xmission, Cat replacements that trigger a Tech 2 snapshot. But as long as the stock tune is what's in the car when they get it, all is good. :)

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Only the 2009 and beyond stuff record information. I wouldnt be too worried about it anyways. Well besides lmm duramax.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
55 Posts
handheld timing device is reporting 419rwhp
How accurate should that be considered? If my figures are correct that would put you at just under 500hp at the crank. Also, do you have a mod list? I can't seem to find what you have done to your car other than lowered :).

On another note.. what does it take to get my hands on one of those tuners? And also, is there any chance we could get a list of all of the parts W4M offers for STS-v's? I keep hearing about new things, but would like a break down so i can start planning :). Or perhaps Jesse could get an update done to his website... looks cool but (no offense) it's pretty much useless.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sure its not that accurate. It calculates time to distance against GVWR. It would be nice if it was dead on but I am sure its not.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
people ask if it really makes a difference not only in HP gain but in real world conditions as well. I have a wait4me PCM in my GMC Denali. My 0-60 times stock were 9.10 best. After the new PCM I am running 6.29 best. Almost 3 seconds quicker. 33% increase in 0-60 times. You decide. Like I said the v is now a traction issue to better times.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jess,

I noticed when I loaded the tune, the handheld first uploaded the stock tune and saved it somewhere I assume. Then it downloaded your tune (race tune in this case).

Toggling between your tunes...

Question.
When I want to load a different tune like "max power some trans" from "race" tune do Ineed to reload the stock tune first?

The reason I ask is if I don't reload the stock tune first, wont the handheld want to upload the tune that is in the ECU (now the race tune) thinking it is the stock tune? Thus forever rolling tunes and losing the original stock tune..

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
IT always stores the stock tune no matter what and keeps track of it. You never have to go back to stock while switching from tunes. You just select the one you want and it will flash it in.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts