Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the new MKZ last Fall, I didn't want to complicate the deal trying to trade in an '06 STS w/140K needing another new battery, with an Airbag light on. A Lincoln dealer wouldn't want it anyway so it was better to just say straight up I want that car for this amount out the door, and I can write you a check or walk. Pleasantly, of course, but wanting to cut through the normal marathon game. Anyhoo, the Caddy dealer read the airbag light as "high resistance-front sensor" which could have been as simple as finding and cleaning the sensor's connector(s). Not going to work on cars in Winter anymore, did that in my teens and I'm 64 now. I parked it to the side of the driveway and kept an inexpensive battery tender under the hood so that the old battery wouldn't freeze and blow up when/if I used a booster to start it. Been starting it every 4-5 weeks and the last 2 times I had to use my booster box. This time after I did the usual "disconnect the tender and close the hood" it started via FOB on the first try and was as smooth as ever. I let it warm up fully and then went back out & got in it to hit the brake & start button. Then I tapped the gas (it was already down to low idle) and it bogged down before coming up and seemed to have no power. Did it 2x more and the check engine light came on so I laughed and as I reached for the button to shut it down, I notice that the airbag light is off, and had been the whole time. My point? I forgot:sneaky:

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
198 Posts
So, is your fuel pump dying?

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, is your fuel pump dying?
Doubtful, but can't rule it out. Since it was only 40° out and I had other things to do, I didn't even bother to read whatever the code is with my little BT OB2 code reader. In a few weeks I'll fire up again some nice day and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts