Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotcha!

A new VW Passat "Low Ego Emissions" commercial was on last night where a bunch of high-end cars keep merging left to get a look at themselves in the mirrored windows of a building. The people in the VW then have the entire right lanes to themselves to cruise right on. Anyway, the very first car they show merging left is a black CTS-V (or possibly a STS-V). Pretty cool that I own one of those cars that makes me feel artificially good about myself. I'm such an egomaniac!

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
I saw the commercial the other day and only glimpsed at it. I thought I saw the CTS-V but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
We talked about this on another thread. It says to me Passat drivers are nerds.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
I dont think its a V. I think its meant to be a V, the grill and look alike rims, but not front spoiler/air ducks.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
ahahnu said:
I dont think its a V. I think its meant to be a V, the grill and look alike rims, but not front spoiler/air ducks.
yeah i dont think it is a V. its got amber looking lenses in the tailights... hence a regular CTS and not a V. has a V grille though. and i dont see v symbols on the side.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Re pizzle to tha shizzle!

But yeah, it's NOT a V. I got the thing on Tivo and paused at a certain shot. You can see the stock CTS front end with the slim and wider bottom grille. All it is is a wannaV.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
wannaV....good one.

I think it says about us V owners is, we are way cooler than a group of wussified non-descript wanna-melt into the non-personality category of vehicle owners, thats what.

Well...Doug...how do you really feel....? I'll tell you.....they sukk!

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
True, I've never known someone who really likes cars that owned a Passat. In fact, I call BS on VWs campaign. Because usually, Passat owners know nothing about cars but they want the image of a German engineered sedan...and don't have the money.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thebigjimsho said:
True, I've never known someone who really likes cars that owned a Passat. In fact, I call BS on VWs campaign. Because usually, Passat owners know nothing about cars but they want the image of a German engineered sedan...and don't have the money.
Agreed...and I see Passats all the time with rims. What does that mean then?

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
arr0gant said:
Ya, let 'em think they're cool with their VW's and Apple computer....LOSERS!
I'm 1/2 NERD! I may have an Apple, but I don't drive cars with less than 400HP!

Woohoo!

Passat's are for girls.

Apples are for the simple minded (like me). :bouncy:

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
yeah i dont think it is a V. its got amber looking lenses in the tailights... hence a regular CTS and not a V. has a V grille though. and i dont see v symbols on the side.
V's have the amber in teh tail lights as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts