Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF V8 - pearl white with tan interior
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this kid last nite in some silver VW (Jetta or Passat, I'm not sure, but it said Bora on the back - I think it may have just been a badge he bought, it looks like the Bora has AWD, and I don't think he did). We hit a light, so I decide to see what I've got (I didn't think it was any run-of-the-mill VW). So we go, and I was surprised how quick it was. This surprise was all as a result of me looking in my rear view mirrors, as I mopped him twice to like 120km before I let off (I didn't think he was gonna come from behind me and catch me at that speed). Finally we end up beside each other, and he says is a 300 hp supercharged V6, "But I can't hook up!" I mentioned what good is that power if you can't use it. I then told him I was running 300 hp in my STS. Loved it when he asked what I had done, and I told him nothing. Anyways, it was good times, for me moreso than him, I am guessing!

BTW, if it doesn't show, I have a 1998 STS, White with only 58,000 KMS! (36,000 miles).

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
As far as I can tell from my 30 seconds of Googling it, a Bora is its own car and didn't come with a V6. Could be wrong of course but my thoughts are he just stuck a badge on a Jetta or something to seem exotic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I think, too. Something about AWD would have meant less problems hooking up. Ah well. Me one him none!!!

VICTORY IS MINE!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Bora is the European designation for what we call the "Jetta." It can have a 2.8 liter VR6 24V, 1.8 liter Turbo 20V, 2.0 8V 4 cylinder n/a. Your STS would be quicker than all the above mentioned engine choices.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
unless some how its got the 3.2 V6 and AWD like in the VW GTI R32. That motor has 240hp in the R32 and in that car would beat any STS or atleast keep up with it. As for 300HP in an AWD Jetta, he'd kick your ass dude. Sorry. Either he was lying or he really couldnt launch it/ drive stick.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Yeah we already got the point that he was lying. If he managed to lose with 300hp in a car as light as that W.C. would've said "then he proceeded to do a giant burnout as I accelerated away."

There was an R32 at my school but before I got the ETC so I could race it, the guy traded it in for a new M3. Damn rich guy... I need my nitrous kit already.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just going with what he said. Once it was rolling, it looked to take off pretty good. Too bad he couldn't do that from a stand still. I never said I fully believed his story, just saying what he said. At any rate, faster or not, my car is still nicer. Turns out it's just faster, too!

And they say I'm conceited?

·
Registered
15 Posts
being a VW owner/enthusist, i know that the "BORA" is a german "jetta" that is not alowwed in the states, people can buy the bora badge online and i actually know a few people who have done that :hmm: , but anyway, as far as the 6cyl, there are 3 types, 12v vr6, 24v vr6, and the 3.2 V6, and he may just have a limited slip dif in it, because like someone said, the R32 setup is the only awd there is that would actually fit on that car, and thats a hard swap

·
Registered
500 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
unless some how its got the 3.2 V6 and AWD like in the VW GTI R32. That motor has 240hp in the R32 and in that car would beat any STS or atleast keep up with it. As for 300HP in an AWD Jetta, he'd kick your ass dude. Sorry. Either he was lying or he really couldnt launch it/ drive stick.
Not so fast on this comment, see my video of me beating a GTI Turbo at the track

http://www.adumbrecords.com/hosting you'll also se me beating WRX's and a few other cars if you download the videos.

Gus
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
the Bora Si basically a golf sedan for the European market. it will be abolished later this year and rebadged the Jetta as it was in the 80s early 90s it really couldn't beat and STS even with a 2.8 or 3.2 engine. i doubt that he was talking anything but bull****

1 - 10 of 10 Posts